Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok obviously I'm new here, My Name is Hank and I am a proud new owner of a 2006 Pontiac G6 3500 V6 Sedan.

This came about because my 97 Mexi-Beetle that has been my daily driver for ten years has died, well not all the way but it's a rare car and parts are hard to come by especially the wire harness that fried.

With my money situation, I lucked out and found my G6 with 60,000 miles with 1.9% financing and 12 month 12000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, plus 5 year power train warranty. I never imagine purchasing a Pontiac but here I am.

I must say i am quite surprised at the large community here and happy to see. I have a strange feeling I'm about to get geeked out. First I'm not used to having this much power so I see many speeding tickets in the future.

I do believe the first modification i want to do will be to add a cold air intake. I even browsed this forum and saw that alot of you like the CRAB intakes which I'm definitely leaning towards

After that I may either modify the exhaust or upgrade the speakers in the car, I don't want to mess with the stock radio. I figure a amp and new speakers and maybe a sub will be just fine

The one thing I worry about on modifying the exhaust system is that I do not want it to sound like a whiny honda Rice car or so deep that it sounds like a harley davidson so any help on a suggestion for that would be greatly appreciated.

I guess thats it I look forward to chatting gaining knowledge from everyone.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
WELCOME and congrats on your new ride! A nice change for sure from your mexico made vw, i have heard a lot of bad things about the wiring systems and engine oil sludge about them! I have almost 90K on my GTP coupe 6 spd manual and love every second of driving it. I have a lot of complements on my exhaust system, some think I have a V8 under the hood, but I'm sure you will find your tone. If you search on you tube you can hear all kinds of different systems. A lot of people like the GT-R system other like me want a custom look and system. Enjoy and good luck at avoiding the fuzz!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cal, thanks for the hint on YouTube never would of thought of that.

Waterfowler, did you get the FPU with your crab intake? Just curious

·
4,060 Posts
no i had actually ordered the k&N before i knew to much about the Crabs. But the problem I had was they're heatshield is a POS. so i decided to go with Crabs..... but if your thinking about getting it, Go for it.....it's definitly a good upgrade from stock plastic pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts