Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am looking at a 2006 G6, 3.5 liter. I have three questions about this car that I need answers to tonight.
The first is what tires can I put on this car?
The tire dealer is saying I need "v" rated tires. This car is for my daughter to drive back and forth to school and work. So what is the best/cheapest tire I can purchase for it?
I will post the other questions in separately.
Thanks,
Chris.

·
Registered
3 Posts
re:whats the most economical tire?

I am new here as well and new to the G6 World via my New G/F.
I'm not 100% on what the MOST economical tire out there is for this particular car BUT I did quite the bit of research before buying her a new set for her G6.
I was going to go with B.F. Goodrich Traction T/A's since their Traction is very good in the snow (We live in the North East) however they do wear out quicker than advertised. The are also not the most expensive tire out there for this car either. I considered them to be affordable. I went to Town Fair Tire and the sales guy there showed me a tire made by Mastercarft call the Milestar,60,000 mi warranty too.
They are an all season tire,said to be very decent in the snow with a very low roll resistance supposedly resulting in better gas mileage. He even went as far as to give us until 1'st snowfall to decide if we like them or not and if not will return them and put a brand new set of our choice on there.
So it seems to me he's pretty confident that we will be happy customers.
Hope this helps you out!

·
Registered
422 Posts
If it says "V" rated, that means you have a GT?
You can go below the factory recommendation, but you will sacrifice grip, handling, braking distance, and therefore ultimately some safety. Something to keep in mind though is that the base V6 trim only calls for "T" rated tires (I believe)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts