Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several years back, I bought a new Heritage Softail Classic Harley and after about 3 years I traded it in for a 99 Miata 5/speed. Then when the 04 GTO came out I sold the Miata and bought a 04 Silver/black six speed and this was my retirement present to myself. This was my 4th new GTO, 65, 67, 70 and the 04. But after 2 years and only 9,500 miles I decided that it didn,t make much sense to have my best car in the garage and not drive it much. I really wanted a Solstice but with no trunk space and the fact that it to would probably not get driven year around, I decided against it.
Now comes the 06 GTP convertible. My cousin is a Pontiac Dealer and we went and test drove one and that was all it took! I was really surprised at the lack of wind in the cabin compared to the Miata we had. My wife and I both missed the Miata with the top down.
This is the slickest setup for a convertible I've ever seen, in 30 seconds you either have a coupe or a convertible. We will be picking it up on July 10. Will give further updates as I get to drive it! :glasses:

· Registered
4 Posts
One test drive did it for ya, huh? Same here! I have never owned a Pontiac before buying my G6 recently, so I didn't know much about their cars. I come from a Dodge family and when my husband and I got married, we carried on the tradition. Now neither of us has a Dodge and we're just as happy. :) Congrats on the car purchase!

· Proud Owner
19 Posts
Fold Top,
You will love the the convertible as I do when I can get it away from my wife; her primary car. :D :D
You will want to post in the Convertible Thread for all the new and neat things that happen with your car, and also some not so neat things.
See my post in: See new Thread in:
"Members' Rides"
"2860 Mile Great Trip…EXCEPT FOR ……."
Great traveling car, with all the comforts. We especially enjoy the XM radio where a station is forever.

Our only test drive was a rental G6 4 door in Tampa Fl. Bought the convertible virtually sight unseen, and not test driven.

ENJOY - post some pictures. :cheers: :cheers:
Where do you live?
Later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.