Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I Just Bought a 2008 G6 Gt 4dr 3.5L. Has halo lights (junk), fiberglass hood with scoops, Tinted Tail lights, After market rear bumper, Lowering Springs, K&N Air Filter

Mods plan on doing are.....
Removing Lowering Springs
Removing aftermarket remote starter and alarm system
Adding 15% Window Tint All Around
Adding Flow Master Dual Exhaust

Attachments

·
Registered
556 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking car, you planning on replacing the headlights since they are junk?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont know what i'm doing with head lights yet....... when dims are on you cant see nothing and when brights are on you can only see right in front of the car but WOW they are bright you cant even look at them....... not sure if they need adjusted or even how to adjust them.......

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
If it's anything like the stock headlights there should be a hex key nut sticking up from the back of the headlight. You can use an allen key to turn it and adjust the height of the beam

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea thats how i thought you adjusted the lights but i dont see a screw for the adjustment.... i even tired to take it out to see what kind of bulb was in it and i cant even get them out......... there is 2 screws on top and a clip towards the center but they are held at the bottom somewhere?

and about the springs yes i do plan on selling them or scraping them i have no use for them i need to find new OEM ones first. i'm calling around monday to get prices

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yeah you got spyders, worst headlights ever designed. To adjust them you have to completely remove the headlight from the car because the adjusting bolts are on the very back. Our headlights are held to the car by 2 screws, a push pin, and a ball socket bolt thing to the fender. You need to pull really hard straight out to get it loose.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
...and about the springs yes i do plan on selling them or scraping them i have no use for them i need to find new OEM ones first. i'm calling around monday to get prices
I still have my stock springs, I haven't decided if I want to keep them or not, But to be honest I can't see myself ever needing them again...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i love the way it looks lowered but i live in the country and i only have about 3" of clearance in the front of the car lol

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
If you are interested I can sell you my old stock springs.
They came off a base model 4 door. Car had about 30K when they were removed.
I have all 4
I'll be happy to make a legitimate for sale post if you are interested.

I would assume your stock shocks are still in, but god knows what condition they're in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for offering but the base 2.4 springs on the front are different than the 3.5l GT there is more weight so they are stiffer springs. i'm going to my local junk yard this week sometime to get a back set of springs......... have not decided if i want to just buy new struts and springs for the front or take a chance on a used set........

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
good point, I thought they may be stiffer. I'm sure you'll find something. I know I've seen complete shock/spring assemblies for sale on eBay.

·
Dan
7 Posts
Hi I Just Bought a 2008 G6 Gt 4dr 3.5L. Has halo lights (junk), fiberglass hood with scoops, Tinted Tail lights, After market rear bumper, Lowering Springs, K&N Air Filter

Mods plan on doing are.....
Removing Lowering Springs
Removing aftermarket remote starter and alarm system
Adding 15% Window Tint All Around
Adding Flow Master Dual Exhaust
Hey man, Welcome nice car! I really like your rims, do you mind me asking what brand they are? 18's?

·
Registered
638 Posts
if those are 19" wheels and you ever decide to get rid of them sell them to me they look like the ASA JH9s that are no longer made that ive been trying to get for about 2 years now........

·
Legend
782 Posts
Hey johndeere do you still have those lowering springs? And how much are you willing to sell them for? I want some bad. Lol

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts