Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this group I have been having a lot of issues with my '08 g6. I was just curious if someone with more knowledge could help me?
thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Pontiac g6 2008 base, about a month ago my temperature gage would not move after I started my car, my ac was not blowing out cold air, but a few minutes later my cars ac kicked on and the temperature gage started working. It has been on and off ever since. Today my gas gage started moving up and down while idling, from 1/2 tank (which is how much gas I have) all the way to below e. It sounds like a wiring problem because it is so random as to when it happens and when it works again, but someone told me it could be my cluster? Where do I start??

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Pontiac g6 2008 base, about a month ago my temperature gage would not move after I started my car, my ac was not blowing out cold air, but a few minutes later my cars ac kicked on and the temperature gage started working. It has been on and off ever since. Today my gas gage started moving up and down while idling, from 1/2 tank (which is how much gas I have) all the way to below e. It sounds like a wiring problem because it is so random as to when it happens and when it works again, but someone told me it could be my cluster? Where do I start??
Hi I'm new here too but am familiar with fixing cars. Yes it sounds like your going to need a new gauge cluster. On my nissan maxima, there were solder points that went bad and needed to be resoldered. If you want to keep your original mileage on your car I would remove the cluster and resolder the points. Of course I am unsure of if there are any visible solder points on this cluster as I have never taken it off before. Your easiest route would be to get a cluster at a junkyard and swap it out. Of course going that route. You will not have the same mileage and when selling the car it will sound shady to the future buyer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts