Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Bought my '09 G6 GT the end of December, $7K off MSRP ($6.5K + an extra $500 I wiggled out of them). My other car is a '96 Grand Prix SE I bought new in '96. With the discount, my G6 was about $500 less than what I paid for my Grand Prix in '96. The G6 is a bit smaller inside and the "8 spkr premium sound system w/EQ" in my Grand Prix sounds better than the Monsoon 8 spkr in the G6. Clearly the G6 has much more power than the Grand Prix. I'm also impressed with how well it handles in snow.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Nice, welcome to club!

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Interesting that you say the G6 is smaller inside than the GP. I've owned 4 Grand Prix's (89, 97, 04 & 05) and I would say the interior room is comparable in the G6 and the back seat room is actually slightly bigger. The G6 is a LOT smaller overall, with the trunk space taking the brunt of the comparative downsizing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses.

I'm giving my G6 its first oil change as I write.

Yes, the trunk is definately smaller, but the seats go down, unlike in my GP. I should look for interior cubic ft. comparisons between the two. My family had an '89 GP SE w/3.1L. That was my favorite car ever. I loved the dashboard electronics and handling. I believe the '88 GP was Motor Trend's Car of The Year. At 140HP, 4-bangers have more power now.

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts
Oh yeah the 89 was great - digital dashboard, 10 or 12 (forgot exactly how many) way seats with the adjuster thingy in the between seat console, big ol' compass in the lower center console, radio controls on the steering wheel (nowadays everyone has that but at the time it was about the ONLY car with it), and my favorite the keyless remote (like the SWRC a very unique item for the time) - I got countless enjoyment out of telling passengers that the door was already open - "you leave your car unlocked?" "Nope!" {waves remote} :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts