Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Gt will have a new 3.5 with 224hp
The Gt will also be available with the 3.9 240 hp which is a sport package with 18 inch wheels and dual exhaust
The GTP will have 252 hp with a 3.6 vvt
You can get the gtp with a six speed auto tranny now.
You can get the Gt with a six speed manual
New Color will be Blu-Gold Crystal Metallic

·
Registered
499 Posts
Although I find G6 a little too bland looking (especially the rear end, looked like the designers gave up half-way into designing the car), it is still a very stylish car. The GXP concept will spoil it and makes it as ugly as the Grand Prix.

The rear end of the coupe has much better lines, somewhere at a cross between the sexy 350Z and the ugly Solara.

Looking at the back of the G6 sedan, my friends and I have mistaken it for a Neon or a G5 on numerous occasions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I some times mistake the rear end of a newer model Dodge Neon as a G6, I think they look TOOOO similar. just my opinion. But the coupe is really similar to the Toyota Solara...tooo much copy catting. Don't get me wrong though, the G6 coupe is the hottest one out there.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Solara's are empty nester cars. Men driving them should be (or maybe have already been) castrated. No mistaking yours for a Solara. It's probably just the shape of the taillights. But the 350Z and last gen Acura TL have roughly the same shape.

·
Registered
499 Posts
The coupe's rear end looks very sharp but also quite similar to the Solara, especially the copycat tail lights. That rear end shot, however, makes the rear looks too big with the back sticking out like that. A 3/4 view or a narrower angle lens will make the car look much better IMO.

·
Registered
216 Posts
:bash: You know, everybody bishes about how generic new cars look. Then someone comes out with an unusual design, and people bish about that. I think the G6 coupe is "dark and disturbing" to quote the Dodge Caliber commercial. It has some weird lines, some bad angles, and some great ones. I think that's why I like it so much.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The rear end of the coupes are absolutely gorgeous. And from the side, they kinda remind me of a 350Z.

However, I personally think the most bland, unattractive and uninspiring angle on the car is the front end. The front grille (lower part) is boring, not sporty, and they are the same, on EVERY trim level.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i'm not gonna beat myself up over what new car has what options. i am happy with my car and the fact that the new ones have 12 more horsepower isn't a big deal to me.

and i have always thought that the coupes had similar tail lights and the whole trunk/little spoiler thing is the same shape as the solara. i think they look a lot alike.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.