Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can now get a heated rear bumper option on your Ford. It's so your hands won't get cold when you have to push it!!! :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
LOL! That's hilarious. Funny to read a Ford bashing after I just came in from talking VERY LOUDLY outside so that the guy 3 houses down could hear my thoughts on his piece of crap Dodge Durango!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Man, the new Fords (Fix Or Repair Daily) suck, Mercury and Lincolns too. For a company that's in the gutter already, you'd think they would have some more inspired designs. I think they are going under. But the Government will bail them out just like they did with Chrysler in the '80s. Too bad, they should just fade away IMHO.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well whats this I read (yahoo I think) about a possible merger or alliance... I'm sure its just worthless talk but still talk none the less!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
mphred said:
Man, the new Fords (Fix Or Repair Daily) suck, Mercury and Lincolns too. For a company that's in the gutter already, you'd think they would have some more inspired designs. I think they are going under. But the Government will bail them out just like they did with Chrysler in the '80s. Too bad, they should just fade away IMHO.
really? i like the Fusion and the Five Hundred...much more so than the Taurus. the F150 is a lot nicer these days too.

·
Registered
216 Posts
bristol16 said:
really? i like the Fusion and the Five Hundred...much more so than the Taurus. the F150 is a lot nicer these days too.
Don't get me wrong. I believe the Fusion (Mazda 6) is a good car. One of the best cars I ever owned was a Ford-badged MX6 (Probe GT.) But the dealers were awful, and prices for parts astronomical. OK, so I had a bad experience. But what about the NEW Fords will compel me back into their showroom? Or a first time buyer? Or someone who doesn't taditionally buy Fords? The Mustang didn't work on me in any trim level. Uninspired body designs with chrome slat grills on their mainstream sedans? I can barely tell the Fusion from the 500, let alone a Mercury Milan from those two. These days, with so many car choices, you really can get it all (looks, performance, price, features) in one package. I put looks first because I think they really affect a car purchase, especially when considering a brand you've not owned before.

The G6 was my first GM car ever. I liked the looks, so I decided to rent one. I liked the driving experience, so I went to the dealer and drove a convert and a coupe. Frankly, the reason I'm driving a G6 today is because I wanted the best-looking rental car I could get...
:banana:

Sorry to ramble, just wanted to clarify my Ford-bashing. It seems like now more than ever they would try for some home runs instead of bunts style-wise. And yeah, the trucks look pretty good. For trucks. I'm just not a truck guy.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Wall Street is all over Ford to do something to avoid bankruptcy- I just read in Motor Trend today that they are trying to sell off Jaguar, Aston Martin, and Range Rover, and the only people still considering buying those marques are the Chinese- Nissan and even Hyunsai declining to bid for them. A Chinese Jaguar, that's not cool, and is the real joke. Ford is in twouble...

·
Registered
10 Posts
no joke my good friend bought a new Explorer about a year ago and he was all excited and told me "It even came with 2 of those outdoor folding chairs in the hatch"... I just replied: "Yelp, so you and your wife will have something to sit in while you're waiting on the tow truck"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts