Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Eric. The purchase of this G6 makes it the first time I've owned a Pontiac. I decided to join this club because of some questions I have which I will post in another part of the forum. The car has 35,000 miles and pretty much fully loaded. The previous owner took decent care of it aside from catching a curb or 2 with the wheels. I'll try to post pics as soon as I get some

·
Registered
474 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
#fullyloadedpontiacswag. :D dont cha love it. pics please.
As soon as I get it cleaned up I post pics. Weather has not been cooperating here in Houston

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
Welcome bud! Youll love that car!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the car a lot BUT ... the car and I are not off to a good start. Pictures are going to be put off even longer now because it is in the shop. The check engine light came on Friday evening. This is frustrating! The car only has 36,000 miles and it looks like it was taken good care of. Right now I am missing my truck. When I am the 1st owner of a vehicle, I can put 50,000 plus on it and have it looking, feeling, driving brand new. I'm not blaming pontiac yet... right now I think the previous owner was just a little rough with this one and I will be able to work through the kinks and have no further issues... i hope

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any idea what code came up with the CEL?
Not yet. I'm letting the warranty take care of as much as possible and passing everything, almost immediately, onto the dealership. I'll post what was wrong as soon as I hear from them.
I did notice a difference in throttle response from a dead stop before the light came on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just heard form the service department. They said the codes that triggered the engine light are for the TRANSMISSION SOLENOID

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just read up on what it would take to fix this.... FML i know i don't have to do it but damn I'm irritated with this car :banghead:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts