Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me some history or interesting facts on my new g6 i read it might be hard to find i got it for $1,200 i want to modify it but not if it will ruin its value its a.
2007 G6 GT
3.9L
6 speed manual
4dr sedan
Black leather heated seats
Panoramic sunroof
Monsoon radio

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's a car, ain't no Corvette, Lamborghini or Ferrari, although low production and rare to find a manual in an SEDAN, NOT going to bring you into a fortune. Go look up the G6 on wikipedia or other sources.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Unfortunately, collector interest in G6's isn't high though your car is definitely a rare one. I read somewhere that there were only a little over 1000 manual transmission cars built in '07. If the car was in very good shape and it was mine, I'd leave it stock and do only "reversible" modifications to it. Sadly, I doubt it will appreciate and parts for the manual transmission cars are already very scarce. I wish you the best of luck with it and know you will enjoy its uniqueness, - Mark

·
08 convertible
311 Posts
Yes, it's rare but not very rare. There were 2 on my local Craigslist over the last couple of months. Both sedans. The prices were about the same as automatics. In a car that's not collectible, it actually is a disadvantage. You'll eventually have to replace the clutch, which isn't cheap. Most automatics will get scrapped before the trans needs a rebuild. But yes, it's a very cool feature. I'd buy one if it were available in a convertible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are the hard top convertibles rarer that the sedans like this? I'd love to know the production numbers for the 08 g6 gt convertibles. If anyone has that info.

·
Registered
87 Posts
LED tail lights, projector headlights are a couple of easy adds to improve it's look.
Nice wheels always look good if the stock ones are in crappy shape.
Tint the windows.
Not much in perf upgrades for that engine.
I envy you have the manual. I'd get myself a coupe or conv and do a swap but I'm sure there's a lot of work involved.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are the hard top convertibles rarer that the sedans like this? I'd love to know the production numbers for the 08 g6 gt convertibles. If anyone has that info.
Last year, forum member Convertme gave me VIN numbers, one each for each year produced, for the GT convertibles to run through a VIN decoder for research he was doing. Here are a few numbers for the 2008 year model:

2008 GT Convertible

7,839 Total built (by the Orion, MI plant for all markets. Orion was apparently the only plant that built G6's.)
3,389 Total of these built with the Sport Package (3.9 engine and related items.)
750 Total of these built with primary paint color Carbon Flash Metallic (RPO 58U)
(This was the color of the car the VIN belonged to.)

The decoder lists all RPO's built into the car for the VIN decoded and how many others of the same model were built with each RPO of the subject car. Very interesting stuff! - Mark

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm actually quite envious. I have a 2010 GT, and the only thing that I really wish I had was a manual trans. Of course the extra 20 HP of the 3.9 wouldn't hurt any, either. :D
But yeah... I love my G6. One of the better cars I've ever owned.
I wouldn't worry too much about "value". The only people who care about G6s are the ones who own them. (In other words... "us".) To others, it's mostly just a "midlevel economy car" produced by a former GM division. Sorry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts