Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m 17 and bought a 2006 Pontiac G6 coupe GT. Performance Wise everything is stock, but I’d like to change that. I powder coated the rims in gloss black, added a small spoiler, smoked out headlights, and added an Apple Play along with all new speakers. What else should I do with it? I really wanna do a muffler delete or something else to make it loud. I would like to do an intake but don’t know what to buy or where to look. Thankyou

·
Registered
160 Posts
So, here's some things I can think of for you to do.

1: look for a CRABS intake, you probably won't find one, and you could always make your own, but if you CAN find one, they are the best intake for our cars made by one of the forum members here.

2: deleting your muffler won't result in much sound unless you remove both of the intake mufflers as well. The g6 was designed to be quiet and it honestly is for the most part. to get them loud, you need to remove both of the noise dampeners from the intake side, and the muffler at exhaust side, and then maybe it'll be loud.

3: I had a convertible (you can see my post with all the stuff i bought for it in my profile, also serves as a decent parts list) so a strut tower brace was mandatory for spirited driving. I ended up redoing all of my suspension parts and adding a strut tower brace and even my convertible handled really tightly, i can only imagine what a coupe could do. Highly recommend this one.

4: nice halo projector headlights are fun and look fantastic.

5: you mentioned you added apple play, did you do a head unit swap? if not, i have an entire section on my post here with all the head unit supplies i used to make it work and with links to the guides that helped. If you swap your head unit, you will likely also need to swap your gauge cluster to keep your info panel, or buy an external info panel that you can place wherever in the car.

6: just have fun with it, they're fun little cars and lets hope yours treats you better than mine did. Welcome to the forums!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts