Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 G6 GT Convertible. Getting some minor shaking in the front end, but not until over 55MPH. Was just wondering as I can't get into my mchanic till Thursday 06/23. Also was wondring of anybody had the RPO code list for this year and model. Thanks in advance for any input or help.Here's a partial picture below.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
912 Posts
Welcome to G6 ownership and the club. Shaking at those speeds is often linked to the wheel balance being off. I often find you can get it to reduce or go away at both higher and lower speeds.

These are the RPO codes I have found. Not sure if they are specific to a model year.

Building Rectangle Font Tower block City

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's got a lot of them, some I have that are not on there. I'm having a mechanic buddy put it on a lift tomorrow(I twisted his arm)so we can get a better look. He hears some light rattling also during our test ride. Thanks Brother

·
Registered
544 Posts
It's got a lot of them, some I have that are not on there. I'm having a mechanic buddy put it on a lift tomorrow(I twisted his arm)so we can get a better look. He hears some light rattling also during our test ride. Thanks Brother
Balance I would guess is the first angle of attack and if that's not it then you got to check your brakes and rotors.
Enjoy your new car. they are fun.
Convertme

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I forgot to reply with the fix. It had aftermarket American Racing wheels, one being bent. The rattling noise was front sway bar link bushings shot. New wheels, new links and all is good. But, A/C compressor went out. 1200 Bucks with labor. Hopefully that is all for quite a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts