Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade my brakes to the next level and I came across this box set of rotors and pads. My current rotors are on their last leg as I've already had to turn them down twice in 2 years for warping. Pads are on their way out as well.

I just recently added the strut tower bar and will be driving the Tail of the Dragon in July sometime, so I want to be able to keep up with my friends G8 and GTO at least a little...:rolleyes:

So, good deal or no?

heres the link

Both the rotors and pads are powerstop brand.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Check out Rotor Pros
~clicky~
I believe they have a deal going with G6OwnersClub, Just mention you are a member. But they have a great deal on rotors and pads packages.

You need to send an inquiry or call them to get pricing and place your order. But they quoted me $160 for 4 new OEM style rotors. I've read of some users spending way less than $500 for a complete set of performance rotors and pads.
And the reviews I've read have been pretty positive. Search around for yourself to decide.

·
Legend
782 Posts
They quoted you for 4 stock style Rotors or drilled slotted ones?

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Legend
782 Posts
Where did you get them and how much? Also part numbers maybe? I've been hearing a lot about these r1 concepts lately.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just about every thread I searched mentioned something about the R1 Concepts rotors but I have yet to find a price at all. Im really only looking to upgrade the fronts atm as I just replaced the rear rotors and pads a month ago.

·
Legend
782 Posts
Did you get the eline or premium? Also which break pads did you get?

·
Legend
782 Posts
Yeah that's a good deal. How much were the pads? Also I was looking at maybe the premium ones. Have you noticed any rusting with the elines?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Yea that was for stock rotors, not drilled, not slotted. Just plain flat braking surface.
I go with the Duralast C-Max pads. Love em!

I'm looking at these R1 concepts now, instead of rotor pros. OEM style is cheaper.

·
Legend
782 Posts
i think im gonna go for the r1 concepts. but im gonna go with the premium series not the eline series. the quality is great on both im sure. and waterfowler said his elines have lasted 50k no problems. so the premium should deff last the life of the car. and im gonna go with the posi-quiet ceramics off the r1 website. you can get the whole set up front and back drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads for $436 i believe, and it was with free shipping for orders over $99.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
They just quoted me at $135 for front and rear R1 Eline OEM style with Zinc plating to prevent rust. And free shipping. I think I'm going to jump on that.

·
Legend
782 Posts
That deff seems like a deal. I want the d/s Rotors though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ended up buying the slotted rotors and ceramic pads from R1concepts. I got it all for $142 shipped! Pretty decent deal if you ask me. Im currently waiting on the shipment, but as soon as I get them on, Ill post what I think! Thanks for all the help!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts