Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a '06 g6 gt I want to replace my rear speakers i was looking up the speccs and one website said there subwoofers and the other say its speakers i know there 6 x 9 and i have the monsoon system and i believe it has 200 watts and i replaced the front ones without any probs and i was wondering what kind of speakers would you guys recommend buying. also i dont wanna add an amp or run new wires kind of a plug and play set up would be nice any pointers would be appreciated, thanks

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Monsoon system has more than 200 watts. I believe it was more like 400-500 watts. There is no way my old 6x9's on my Monsoon system could hit that hard with just a piece of 200 watt juice.

Any 6x9's will do. Just go through Amazon's bestseller list for 6x9's and find your preferred brand and price. I have Pioneers in mine, but I wish I had gotten something better. The mids and highs are really nice, but the bass bottoms out too easily. At least I have my subwoofer to make up for it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah it hits hard i can tell ya that much(i think that's why ones blown :p), im not sure on the watts though if it is 400+ watts that opens a whole new world of options lmao and im planning in the future to add a subwoofer taking little steps haha

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
I have replaced all 4 of my speakers and my deck. All four are Memphis and they are great. I paid 200 for all four, also come with a better warranty then most others. But i would check their choices with the wattage of the monsoon system

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
You can possibly get all the power you want out of those Memphis's with the weak Monsoon amp. It would be a shame. No one knows for sure the wattage of the Monsoon system though.

·
2008 Sedan 3.5L V6
222 Posts
You can possibly get all the power you want out of those Memphis's with the weak Monsoon amp. It would be a shame. No one knows for sure the wattage of the Monsoon system though.
yeah i have no idea about the power on the monsoon system, but my 6x9s are 60w RMS and 120w peak. That seems kinda high for a stock system, my fronts are also pulling 50/100 but i planned my system out to handle that power. depending on how much you are looking to spend it may be worth checking out a new deck, my decked powered my speakers just fine and i just got the extra amp to cover the subs.

My advice to you is decide what you want your system to be like when you are done with it, if you are just looking for new speakers because something happened to yours then i would say try to find stockers to replace them with. If you are in the process of upgrading your entire system, research. Decide how much you want to spend and how much power you want. If you get the perfect balance of power output vs. power needed, your system can really sound great.

hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts