Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't want to upset anyone, but I'm getting a g6 gt on Friday. Its a sedan black with 201 HP and the 3.5L engine. The car has seen very little.snow as.its in Virginia. I don't want anyone to take offense to this but the car has 120k miles and has.been.extremely well kept. I'm buying it.from my brother in law who is selling it for 4k.

The question is with 120k miles a 2006 and only 200hp if it would.be worth the money to spend on a cai and exhaust. Will it be a surreal experience? Please don't take offence to this please. Thanks.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
As long as the car has been well maintained and you plan to continue to maintain it (svc trans, coolant, oil, brakes, wheel bearings, tie rods, tires, possible intake or head gaskets over the next 75k plus miles, then yes go for it. With that type of miles you will expect these things to start to go the more over 100k you go.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
No offense taken at all! If its well maintained and you continue to maintain it then you should be golden. An intake and exhaust will definitely perk up the engine a bit. after that you can get it tuned for 93 octane and get even more power from it! 200hp is still considered a good starting point for a mid sized car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts