Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
p.s. I posted this in the appearance modifications, but it should have gone here...

Hey guys, it's been a while since I have posted here. The last time was when I added the headlight LED's and Spyder LED tail light bulbs.

My factory rims are getting sort of beat up and it is time for new tires, so i decided to buy both at the same time. I found a set of 18 x 8 5 x110 rims that are used on the 2012 Regal GS and Opel / Vauxhall Astra that I really like.

This is what they look like on the Astra.... Both the rims and tires are in transit and I should have them on the car in a few days. I will post some pics if anyone wants to see what they look like.

I wanted to stay away from chrome or anything tht looked too aftermarket and these are perfect since they are a GM design. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Looks awesome!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks man, I just need Pontiac logo center caps and those tires could use some shine. They are still treated with whatever they put on them during production, all the water beads right off. I will take some better pictures soon....

The pictures make them look like they are one color, the spokes are actually painted charcoal / graphite grey and the outer lip and triangle sections are polished aluminum. They look completely different depending on the lighting.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like them! I wouldn't use a ton of tire shine as it will void the tire warranty if they start to crack (which is very common). Better off using a tire cleaner and brush to bring out the black!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts