Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Would you buy a set if they were aviable ?

• YES

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • NO

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I just wanted to post some news that some may be glad to hear and also I am looking for suggestions from you guys. As most of us know there is no aftermarket tail-lights for the sedans other than the LED which are red like stock lights. So I was just messing around in my shop and I have made a set-up and Mold process to make clear Altezza lights. My hopes are to make these and sell them to people who want the only lights around of its kind. I am an electrical engineering student and frequently love to play with LEDS as well. Now I only want to do this if the cost and profits are fair for me and you considering this is'nt the easiest process to be done. I am still in the midst of making my own and will have photos very soon. These will be stock-modified tail-lights meaning I have to start with a assembled stock light and modify it to the altezza light. This is more expensive process but also ensures the lights will fit perfect every-time. So please anyone interested let me know and Ill be more than happy to get this rolling faster if alot of you are interested. Thank you !!

UPDATE !! Here is my proto -light. Its finished other than I havent put the clear lense over it yet cuz im gonna paint my chrome parts black and take a pic of it too.

Attachments

·
Legend
782 Posts
Yes! Let's see them! Lol

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what I would like is to hear all your ideas on these. Im gonna have my first light done this weekend. It will be the first build. But I have many ideas myself that I want to offer as soon as I get the hard part accomplished which is the plastic pieces being made. I tail-light half-way done Im just letting it cure right now. Im wanting to offer these is in LED and regular. LED does cost more but does look nicer, Im wanting to do a LED ring for the driving lamp and in middle will be a round led for the brake/turn. Which would be offered in black,smoke and chrome. Clear euro lense and red euro lense. I could even paint the chromed areas the same color to match your car. White,black,and silver would look best but blue and others would too as well. So give me all the ideas you can please. I will do custom build requests as well.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Actually that idea you mentioned for the led style sounds pretty good. A circle with the turn signal in the middle. It'll kind of look like some Infinitis. I don't mind the stock tails. But even with slight tint the led lights aren't that visible.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Update!!

Here is my proto -light. Its finished other than I havent put the clear lense over it yet cuz im gonna paint my chrome parts black and take a pic of it too.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Blackout style

I have a white six and I'm going full on blackout. Think that clear/whitish part could be made to have a black background? If so, I'd be the first to jump on em... If they are priced decently.

·
G6 GXP
50 Posts
Me too!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks like you put a lot of hard work and thought into them. I respect your work and they're good looking but personally I like the look of the Pontiac G8 GT, trim tail lights. All clear with the red circle. Just my own personal taste.

·
just enough to be uniqe
4 Posts
What temperature did you set the oven at when you baked these taillights in order to get the outer lens off? Also, these look amazing!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts