Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks!

Just bought a beautiful Red 2007 G6 Auto GT 3.5 Hard Top Convertible from CARMAX in Riverside Ca.

Car looks brand new and has only 11,000 miles on it! Yes, that's 11,000!!! :D

Runs great except I do have the infamous steering column "clunk" that many GM products have.
CARMAX said they will fix it so we'll see....Intermediate steering shaft needs to be replaced as I understand it and it needs to be kept lubed.
Only other issue is the computer controls on the steering wheel don't work that show all the car info but again they said they will fix it.

Hope to meet other G6 members in the future!

Jerry

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Welcome!
The steering wheel controls on an 07 would only control the cruise control (if equipped) and the stereo volume and channels and presets.
The computer controls for mpg and trip are built into the stereo.
The readout is on the stereo and the info and menu buttons are on the stereo.

The only way the dic would be controlled through the steering is on 2009.5 and 2010. Or if the previous owner did some swapping around.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Welcome!
The steering wheel controls on an 07 would only control the cruise control (if equipped) and the stereo volume and channels and presets.
The computer controls for mpg and trip are built into the stereo.
The readout is on the stereo and the info and menu buttons are on the stereo.

The only way the dic would be controlled through the steering is on 2009.5 and 2010. Or if the previous owner did some swapping around.
Ah, ok...I checked out a manual online.

Have to recheck those controls on the Right side of the steering whele because they didn't seem to do anything.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
Welcome to the club. The right side controls should be volume up and down, channel seek up and down and a large preset station switch. All are radio/CD/sat controls for the stereo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow! 11,000 miles and you have the steering "clunk". I picked up a 2007 GT convertible (58K) last month and they fixed my "clunk" before I would drive away.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! 11,000 miles and you have the steering "clunk". I picked up a 2007 GT convertible (58K) last month and they fixed my "clunk" before I would drive away.
CARMAX is fixing it, I haven't taken possesion of the car yet......the wait is killing me!! :D

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I remember that wait. Got my GXP at Carmax. The joy driving off the lot was worth the wait!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, CARMAX reinstalled the boot that was on the steering shaft.

They said it was installed improperly that's what was causing my clicking and popping when turning the wheel.

They already replaced the shaft before they sold it to me but didn't seal the boot.
Guess they're right because the clicking/popping is gone!

I asked them to print out for me the repair history on the vehicle that they had.
The previous owners name and phone number was on the paperwork.

I called her and she said the bought the car 2 and a half years ago with 5,000 miles on it from CARMAX in Buena Park Ca.
She put 6,000 miles on it in that time.
Said she loved the car and had no issues at all with anything!
Said she missed it and only sold it because she lost her job and her and her husband had too many cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts