Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new owner of a 2006 pontiac g6 here. I was going to replace my two door speakers with 50 RMS 100 peak, Dual, door speakers and 100 RMS, 600 watt peak rear speakers (Pioneer TS 6900pro). Does anyone know what the factory amp wattage is of the 2006 g6 or if I would need to upgrade the factory amp in order to handle these speakers? Thanks!

·
08 convertible
243 Posts
Does anyone know what the factory amp wattage is of the 2006 g6 or if I would need to upgrade the factory amp in order to handle these speakers? Thanks!
There is nothing to "handle". That's not how it works. You NEVER have to upgrade an amp to handle different speakers, unless the new speakrs are grossly inefficient compared to the existing.
When you buy a speaker rated at 100w (for example), that is the MAXIMUM power that speaker can handle without damage. It says nothing about how efficient it is, i.e. how loud it will play for a given amount of applied power. Or how cleanly it will play. It's a mostly irrelevant number used to impress the unsophisticated buyers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts