Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a new one for you all. Instead of lack to steering. I have what you could call too much steering. The wheel will get tight....then all of a sudden go WAY loose...or just go from normal...to loose. Which when you are making a turn...can be very interesting to say the least. NO idea what is causing it....and its as random as you can possibly get, low speed, high speed,stopped....go figure.... :confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too have had this happen to me. It usually is shortly after just starting the car. After a short period of time (5-10 sec) it is fine again. I really never thought about it that much.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i have the same thing.. it will be almost impossible to move sometimes.. and then others.. theres no friction at all.. so weird..

·
Registered
423 Posts
sounds like the same thing 'carissa' was experiencing this last time. before, hers was locking up. this past time, it lost all 'resistance'. i think she said the dealer told her the 'steering module' was bad.

you might search for her thread on this......

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a similar problem. After a cold start-up, my cars steering is really tight and after a little bit, it loosens back up to its normal self. I believe that there is a TSB out for this issue and it requires replacing the lower control arms.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine also just did this last week and with it the engine light and traction control off light came on. I took it in for the steering lock up (of course) and this new problem and they replace a steering drive motor. BUT! I got the car back yesterday and its still locking up!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts