Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 GXP Sedan with about 45,000 miles on it and the dealership I bought it from when it had 30,000 miles said they replaced the existing tires with all new O.E replacement goodyear ls2 eagle tires. Well these tires are the worst I have ever had on any vehicle and have had to replace 2 already because of the threading coming apart. Since i replaced them with a used tire with about the same tread as the other 2 tires, I am interested in replacing all 4 this summer. I live in Wisconsin and this is my only car and cannot afford a set of separate winter tires and steelies, im looking for ideas of great all season tires that wont break my bank. I have looked at TireRack and Discount tire already im just looking for opinions from anybody on here.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I got a set of Kumho Ecsta 4x Ultra High Performance All Season tires.
Frankly I Love Them!
So so so much better then O.E. tires, the grip and the feel. Really worth it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i dont have these on my car.... but cooper rs3-a is a phenomenal all season tire and plus its made in USA.! great tire with a nice tread pattern for an all season

·
Registered
190 Posts
Continental extreme contact DWS. Ultra high performance all seasons.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I have these on my car too and they are great. Actually, they saved my butt in a down pour a few days ago. I was on the expressway when the car in front of me was getting off, out of no where, the car gets back on but at a real slow speed. I slammed on the brakes and not one skid, slip or anything. The car just stopped, like I was on dry pavement.

My only complaint would be that the sidewall is soft and takes a little getting used to the new handling feel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice, I really like what I hear about the DWS tires, however I cant see myself spending $700 on just one set of tires....This is why I hate the stock gxp 18's.

·
Registered
317 Posts
well Pmagic has the cooper rs3-a's and he loves them, discount tire has or had the coopers for 147.00/ea when i got quoted on a 225/50/18

·
Registered
411 Posts
well Pmagic has the cooper rs3-a's and he loves them, discount tire has or had the coopers for 147.00/ea when i got quoted on a 225/50/18
Yeah I have Cooper Zeon RS3-A 225\50R18's and I absolutely love them! I live in Michigan so i know what you mean about ALL SEASON. I put these tires on right before winter and have been through every driving condition and they held up beautifully.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Attachments

·
Gpof59
46 Posts
I got 60000 miles on my 2009 G6 now. Today I put a set of General Altima HP's on. What a difference from the Hankooks and Uniroyal's I had. No tire noise and they ride great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts