Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got home with a new set of rubber for my 2010 G6 GT.
I "upgraded" to 18x8" wheels shortly after I bought the car, so obviously I needed a set of tires to accommodate.
I ended up with a set of BF Goodrich Comp 2 AS+, in 245/45-18, for ~$760. Plus an alignment, which it needed.
It rides/drives/handles like a new car!
The old tires were not worn out, but they sucked bawlz, anyway. I cannot emphasize this enough. Worst tires I have ever owned.
They were Toyo Extensa HPs. They were NOT worn down to the bars, but they hydroplaned badly, in the rain, and would spin until I let off the gas. Even on dry pavement, I could spin the tires across an entire intersection. (That's fun if you're "playing". Not so much, if you're just trying to get somewhere quickly.)
I was truly afraid to drive the car in the rain. I even told the lady at the tire store... "You guys might sell used tires, but don't sell those damn things to anybody. You won't be doing yourself any favors."
So yeah. This just reminded me how good my car really is, when it doesn't have shitty tires on it.
And yeah... I probably paid about $10-15 per tire more than I could have got them for at Tire Rack, but there's a lot to be said for supporting the local independent vendors, and if anything goes wrong, they're right up the road from my house.

Edit - Considering where I live - West GA, south of Atlanta - I probably could have done a summer tire as opposed to an all season tire, but people really seemed to like the Comp 2 AS+, so I decided to go with it. (It does get below freezing here, about 5 nights out of the year. The horror... :D )

·
Registered
1 Posts
I "upgraded" to 18x8" wheels shortly after I bought the car, so obviously I needed a set of tires to accommodate.
I ended up with a set of BF Goodrich Comp 2 AS+, in 245/45-18, for ~$760. Plus an alignment, which it needed.
The old tires were not worn out, but they sucked bawlz, anyway. I cannot emphasize this enough. Worst tires I have ever owned.
They were Toyo Extensa HPs. They were NOT worn down to the bars, but they hydroplaned badly, in the rain, and would spin until I let off the gas. Even on dry pavement, I could spin the tires across an entire intersection. (That's fun if you're "playing". Not so much, if you're just trying to get somewhere quickly.)
I was truly afraid to drive the car in the rain. I even told the lady at the tire store... "You guys might sell used tires, but don't sell those damn things to anybody. You won't be doing yourself any favors."
So yeah. This just reminded me how good my car really is, when it doesn't have shitty tires on it.
And yeah... I probably paid about $10-15 per tire more than I could have got them for at Tire Rack, but there's a lot to be said for supporting the local independent vendors, and if anything goes wrong, they're right up the road from my house.

Edit - Considering where I live - West GA, south of Atlanta - I probably could have done a summer tire as opposed to an all season tire, but people really seemed to like the Comp 2 AS+, so I decided to go with it. (It does get below freezing here, about 5 nights out of the year. The horror... :D )
Post a picture! Id love to see them an possibly get them for my 2010 G6 GT

·
Registered
9 Posts

Is the sidewall too soft? How's the wet grip? I saw these BFG tires at 4wheelonline and I'm thinking of getting them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts