Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, it's been a while since I have posted here. The last time was when I added the headlight LED's and Spyder LED tail light bulbs.

My factory rims are getting sort of beat up and it is time for new tires, so i decided to buy both at the same time. I found a set of 18 x 8 5 x110 rims that are used on the 2012 Regal GS and Opel / Vauxhall Astra that I really like.

This is what they look like on the Astra.... Both the rims and tires are in transit and I should have them on the car in a few days. I will post some pics if anyone wants to see what they look like.

I wanted to stay away from chrome or anything tht looked too aftermarket and these are perfect since they are a GM design. Let me know what you think.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
This looks like its gonna be hard to pull off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hard to pull off

This looks like its gonna be hard to pull off.
Do you mean the look or the actual fit of these rims? They are 5 x 110 with a 65.1 hub bore and offset of 42. I have seen these on a a few of GM's European cousins with the same lines and platform the G6 is bult on, they look really nice.

The only difference is they are 18 x 8 vs 18 x 7 for the stock rims, but a P225/50R18 works on both. I will of course post some pics and see what you guys think. Not everybody will like them, of course.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Do you mean the look or the actual fit of these rims? They are 5 x 110 with a 65.1 hub bore and offset of 42. I have seen these on a a few of GM's European cousins with the same lines and platform the G6 is bult on, they look really nice.

The only difference is they are 18 x 8 vs 18 x 7 for the stock rims, but a P225/50R18 works on both. I will of course post some pics and see what you guys think. Not everybody will like them, of course.
Look. Fit should be fine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rims are 2 or 3 days away, Tire Rack hasn't sent me a tracking number yet. I will call them tomorrow.

iPad is going in next......

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, everything showed up today. Took them over to NTB and had them mounted and balanced, then put them on the car when I got back home. WOW!!!! I love them.... pics coming tomorrow when it is light out. What a huge difference.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
I'm not really a fan. They don't look bad, but I wouldn't choose them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I totally get it, there have been only a handful of aftermarket rims I have seen on G6's that I like. Most are too flashy or look out of proportion when they are riding on 20"s. I simply wanted a bit more upscale with a European GM look. A boatload of Vauxhalls and Opels are riding on these over in Europe. I could have gotten them in a 19", but I know what 18"s look like on the car and wanted to keep the same profile. I think the tires are a bit overinflated.

I will take some new pics where you can see a huge difference between the spoke color and the polished aluminum.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts