Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm Rob and I got my Black G6 GT Conv a little over a month ago...I've never driven stick and so i don't know how to use the triptronic trasnmission when its down in M, so if anyone can gimme a few pointers I'd appreciate it...:D

·
RAM AIR!!
266 Posts
its simple and not really like a standard, besides the fact that it lets you select which gear you want depending on speed. You push it up to go up a gear depending on speed and push it down to go down a gear depending on the speed. If you want to conserve fuel and go easier on your tranny shift at about 3k if not shift right before redline heh. I am guessing you don't have the sport package so I won't bother to tell at what speed the gears max out at since you have a different engine and tranny then I. If your in M and you have no power flick it down once and you should get some than, also don't freak out when you slow down at a stop sign or traffic light that it downshifts for you it is supposed to do that. again if you want to be a lil harder on the tranny when your going down a hill you can downshift so it holds your engine at a certain speed and you don't have to use your brake as much. The ManuMatic is just a fancier way to dress up what they have had on automatics for awhile. You know how a regular automatic is similar to P-R-D-3-2-1, well thats all the M is for is to replace the 3-2-1. If you need anything just pm me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
welcome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.