Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had problems with the trans in there GXP? Mine upon coming to a stop has rough downshifts. Like even coasting you can feel the trans drop gears. Never felt any transmission act like this one before. BTW its a 2009 GXP, just turned 19000 miles. I appreciate any and all replies. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took it in today. Had to take it to a dealership kinda far away from me cause I have had bad luck with the selling dealership and other dealership that is in my town. But anyhow, they said something is definently wrong and they have a call into the hotline which takes about 3 days for a reply. Taking it back in Monday and they are gonna give me a rental so they can keep it a few days and fix the problem. Hope they dont give me a economy car cause I am 6'5'' and just dont fit into Cobalts or Focus'.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car is back at the dealership. They cant seem to duplicate the problem this time. Trust me its there. Does anybody know the bulletins for the 6 speed auto, besides the ones that call for reprogramming? I have been looking without luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nevermind I found them. There is one listed under the transmission for surges caused by cooling fans through the wiring harness. Seems like this could be the problem. As the rpms jump when downshifting which would cause the feeling I am getting. Does this sound right? Has anybody else had this issue? I'm gonna talk to the dealer Monday morning about this.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GXP owners please chime in: upon coming to a stop, lets say mid stop does the idle go down to a regular idle and jump back up to over a 1000 rpm's then go back down? I'm just trying to figure out if this is normal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
yea i think i know wat u mean my the weird down shift rpms, sometimes it acts weird sometimes it does (talkin about the whole trans not just down shifts) but when ever i put in manual there is no problems, so maybe it the programming

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked the car up today, problem still exists. What am I supposed to do? I feel my only option now is to trade it in. I love the car though, but I'm not getting any results with trying to get it fixed. They reprogrammed it again which is not fixing the problem. I honestly don't even want to drive the car anymore, it just drives badly like this.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Some modles have issues with the wire harness on the tranny. Some times the connectors get water in them or the wires chaff on the brackets or clamps. Also there is a TSB on older modles 2005-2007 for aftermarket air filters. Aparently the oil used in the filter screws up the mass air flow sensor causing hard shifts.

You may want to check the transmission wire harness for chaffing wires to a ground or air filter is you have an aftermarket one

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
It still under warranty....take it back or to another dealership to fix.
That isnt right. I have over 100K miles and mine has never done that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Taking it to another dealership on Friday. I just want the car fixed, I dont think thats to much to ask.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So the outcome of yesterday is: I took the car to where I made the appt, which is 45 miles away and they tell me that they dont have me in the system and that they can't take the car in cause they are to busy. Found another gm dealership a couple blocks away that took it and said the rotors needed resurfaced. Well thats not the problem and I sat there for 5 hours waiting on them to do this. Now I have to take it back on Monday and they are getting me a rental so they can see whats going on with the transmission. I have noticed that the transmission stays in 5th or 6th gear even after slowing down to around 35. Whats up with that, any comments ?

·
IT'S BAD ASS IN BLACK!!!!
135 Posts
#1, Be honest with them and tell them how frustrated you are and with taking to several dealers, and yet no one can figure it out.
#2, Ask if you can take someone there for a ride so you.... can be with them to experience the problem you are having.
#3, Your frustrated...but be nice....hot-heads never get anywhere in dealerships..
#4, Ask them if they have any other Pontiac G6 related problems like yours come into their shop.

This is what I would do, hope it helps....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts