Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just bought a 07 G6 GT with 170k on it. I paid 3k for it from what I can tell it seems like a solid car. I plan on doing what most people do when they buy a used car and that's replace every fluid in it. Or it could be I am just anal like that. What brands of oils and such do you guys like the most. I have always been a royal purple type of guy but I know certain engines like oils. Also what type of spark plugs should I get. Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Go with OEM spark plugs. I got the 41-100 ACDelcos in my V6 2008. Though I assume it's compatible which engine do you have?

As for fluids. I use Mobil 1 synthetic. Honestly though use whatever you can afford. It's not going to turn a 170k car into a new car.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I run mobile 1 extended performance.
As for plugs I have run ngk but went back to AC delco. Can't beat OEM. Work great in my 4 banger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all of the input. I am kind of hoping that the 3.5 is a good engine. I have a Sierra with the 5.3 in it and it has 234k on the clock and still runs great I have always had good luck with GM engines.

·
Registered
463 Posts
GM engines are solid. The only problem they have are gaskets. They never seemed to be able to solve this problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts