Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a white 2006 Pontiac G6 V6. Bought it 3 years ago and have had very little trouble out of it. Just a few sets of rotors and brake pads. But the past 2 weeks I have noticed a vibration when turning at low speeds and my husband had the power steering go out on him once. Any ideas what could be causing this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My husband called the dealer today and they said there was no recall issued.?.?.?. Any ideas what it is? We are on our own to get it fixed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't but I have gotten married since buying the car and it's in my dad's name and he doesn't pay very much attention to his mail... So I really don't know if they sent us one.

The power steering going out has only happened once almost a month ago. I've never got the Power steering indication on the DIC. The vibrations when turning is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It rides smooth going down the road it only vibrates when turning at low speeds like out of my driveway. If I cut it sharp it will stop but if I only turn it slightly it vibrates till i straighten up or cut it sharper. We are thinking it might be the steering rack and pinion??

·
2009 Carbon Black 6
93 Posts
My car was just doing the same thing. I have an 09 but the dealer put a new steering gear in. Mine was only happening on right turns at low speeds. They also did an alignment afterwards.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So yours hasn't acted up since the new steering gear? That might be what it is. It's electric power steering.

·
2009 Carbon Black 6
93 Posts
So yours hasn't acted up since the new steering gear? That might be what it is. It's electric power steering.
No mine is fine now. They just forgot to put the rubber grommet back in the firewall. So I was hearing alot of engine noise inside of my car. No big deal. My dealership are just idiots. They also had my car for 4 hours doing this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hm... Thanks that has been the most help so far! No one has said they had the same problems as I had. I'm ready for my car to be back to normal we barely got it fixed from a little wreck when this started in.. When it rains it pours! lol

·
2009 Carbon Black 6
93 Posts
Hm... Thanks that has been the most help so far! No one has said they had the same problems as I had. I'm ready for my car to be back to normal we barely got it fixed from a little wreck when this started in.. When it rains it pours! lol
That is true. Sorry I couldn't give you a price estimate. Mine was covered under the 4 year/48,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty so I didn't pay a penny.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lucky you! lol It's fine. Thankfully my husband can fix pretty much anything so he will probably be fixing it.

·
2009 Carbon Black 6
93 Posts
Is the steering gear considered the rack and pinion or is it something else?
rack and pinion i believe. its what is said on my work order.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great! That's kind of what we were thinking all along. But hated to pay the $200.00 for it and that not be the problem. Thanks alot!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts