Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good to meet you all! Just got my 2008 G6 GT Coupe 3.5 last week and I must say I like it very much. I hope I can learn a lot here. The first thing i've done is order my Crab intake w/ FPU:) Thanks Lampoon! Looking forward to that.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Welcome to the site and a great first upgrade to get! I recommend removing the resonator as well - sounds so much better!

Oh yeah and PICS!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the site and a great first upgrade to get! I recommend removing the resonator as well - sounds so much better!
Yes i've been thinking about that. I saw Crabs at work on YouTube and loved the sound! I don't know if I would like the sound of a resonator delete but may try it for kicks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Pictures of my baby

Just to post a few first time pics as asked

IMAG0186.jpg
IMAG0183.jpg

It's got a black leather interior

CRABS are on the way! Itchy.....Hope to add sunroof, upgrade exaust (thinking magnaflow), and i've been going back and forth on a spoiler and MPD Ram Air Hood.

·
MonsterG6
386 Posts
adding a sunroof??!?!! how much does that cost. nice car btw! lucky you didnt get a 4cyl...id love an intake and a worthy exaust (gtr ftw)

·
Da.v3
597 Posts
very unsafe adding sunroof in most non alredy equipt cars. will cut major supports. bye bye in roll over

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
adding a sunroof??!?!! how much does that cost.
The person I spoke with at Yipes said it will range between 650-1000 depending on which I choose.

I've known many people who have added aftermarket sunroofs and haven't had a problem. I would think the weight and low profile of the G6 Coupe would make a roll highly unlikely. My main concern would be leakage. Anywho, i'm still debating it. CRABS is the obvious first upgrade!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wow nice car! I have a 2008 G6 GT coupe as well! I added the crabs with the front pipe, and deleted my resonator, it sounded so gnarly! For a spoiler i would recomend the hammerhead! It breaks up the boring back end and looks unreal. Really adds to the cars lines. Although the MPD ram air hood is fully functional, im not sure i like the look of it. Search the AIT hood on google, its cheaper and looks better then the MPD hood imo.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For a spoiler i would recomend the hammerhead! It breaks up the boring back end and looks unreal. Really adds to the cars lines.
Funny thing is, I thought I hated that spoiler at first....but after much looking, this is actually what I am thinking of adding; I think it would look sick w/ the merlot. The only thing is I would feel obligated to get the ram air. Man....the dollar signs floooowwwww! Mods are addicting...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Funny thing is, I thought I hated that spoiler at first....but after much looking, this is actually what I am thinking of adding; I think it would look sick w/ the merlot. The only thing is I would feel obligated to get the ram air. Man....the dollar signs floooowwwww! Mods are addicting...
I know what you mean! I was starting to feel the same way about the ram air hood, the thing is, your not gunna get a hell of alot of performance out of a functional hood i dont think, i mean the ait hood still lets colder air in the engine, it just doesnt dump it over the air box. Unless you are gunna fully mod the performance of the car, i think the hood should be more for looks then functionality, im just new at this stuff tho, so thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my best Chris Griffin rock band voice, "Evil evil monkeeeey!" Had to do it.
Nice coupe. I was thinking about adding a sunroof as well, but the Onstar box looks like it'd be right in the way of where the roof control box would be.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts