Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted one of these G6 GT convertibles and finally picked up a 2008 fixer-upper. I have been a car nut for many years. I found this website and figured that I could use some info for mine. Hopefully I can get some technical help or part number info for hard to find parts. Mine had a light tap in the back but no damage to the trunk lid or the crush bar under the bumper cover. The cover was destroyed and the center of the back was pushed in 1 inch. Using the perforated holes as pull points I inserted a plate in the back and pulled that section back out to where it belongs. I installed a used bumper cover on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to know if the deck lid wing control cables are still available?

·
Registered
753 Posts
GM Part Number 25906915 for the passenger side or 25906916 for the driver side I believe. No idea if you can still get them but the part numbers may help. Equally you can operate the top without the bat wing. It just leaves a bat wing sized hole when the top is down. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the numbers. The bat wing was laying in the trunk when I bought the car recently. I wasn't sure if it got broken off during the rear end crash by the spare tire or because the wings were out when the top tried to go down. The spare tire was not being held in place by the big nut. Both of the swivel brackets were broken off. I epoxied those and it appears to work fine now. Both cables are pulled right out of the small swivel ends and the wire got unravelled. One cable has the outside part broken in several places. Forget about junkyards as they have no clue as to what you want, how to look it up or what to charge you for them. One place told me that the bat wing is sold only with the complete roof assembly and motor. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts