Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
My name is Stefan and I am wanting to get some new rims to put on my 2009 Pontiac G6 Sedan. It has the stock 17 inches at the moment with the tire pressure sensors. I was just wondering because of the sensors and the on board computer that monitors them. If I would need to modify or reset the computer if I upgrade to bigger rims. I was interested in putting chrome rims that came off a G6 convertible GT on my car.
If anyone could help me out, I would really appreciate it.
Thank you

·
Storm Trooper
323 Posts
The TPMS are removable and yes you can run different wheels. They are inside the tire and you will have to remove the tire to put them in the new wheels. I think a discount tire place will charge like 35 bucks to remove the tires and then props the same to put them back on.

Be careful because those sensors are expensive. I think over 100 each.

And the convert wheels.... Are you talking about the GTP 18s? Those wheels are sexy!!! Fo sho!

Oh and welcome

·
Registered
104 Posts
Before putting the new wheels on I had told a GM Service guy my plan to change the wheels and he said the sensor wouldn't read correctly. I had my sensors changed when I put my new wheels on and they are still reading all crazy like. I thought about taking the car back to the tire shop...but I just said **** it! (maybe I will....later)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts