Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... just stopping by to introduce myself. I have a 2007 Pontiac G6. I bought it brand new, paid the puppy off last October. I currently have a case going with the Ohio Lemon Law. My car has pretty much given me fits since the first month.

I'm here to see what others say about their issues with their Pontiac G6.

Angie

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,354 Posts
yikes......welcome?

Really no issues with mine and I bought it new in 2005. It now has 121,000 miles
and purrs right along.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
yikes......welcome?

Really no issues with mine and I bought it new in 2005. It now has 121,000 miles
and purrs right along.
That's because you know how to take car of your car and are the original owner. :p

Welcome to G6OC. I hope we can help you with your issues.

·
his 07 vert/her 07 coupe
333 Posts
hello and welcome from cleveland i have two G6 GT coupe/vert most of the issues i have are the morons at the dealers!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
more to the story

Thanks for the welcome. I haven't modified a darn thing on my car. It is all original, It has 38k miles. It's been in the shop at least a dozen times. They've replaced the serpetine belt, lubed a ton of steering parts, i'm on my 3rd set of front brakes (which I find hard to believe), but I witnessed it myself. I take it in for all it's maintenance, tire rotations, and oil changes. I took it in for a rough idle at least 5 times. They've flashed the electric system, and countless other things. The tune up they did, the dealer didn't put one of the spark plugs on correctly (according to the new dealer I took it to) which caused an engine miss fire. I've had it in twice for steering issues, actually 3 times, but they didn't do anything the first time. I heard a rubbing sound... then they did something, but it came back about 8k later. I then took it in again, and they lubed the slip stick (whatever that is), and just recently at 37,800k they replaced the intermediate steering shaft. It's running fine now, but... the lawsuit continues. I love this car. I love the power, I love the look, but all the problems I could do without...

Frustrating because I really do baby my car. My teenage daughter actually says... "You drive like a grandma"...

So... that's my story highlight... not fun, aye?

~Angie

·
Registered
346 Posts
Wow Angie, sorry to hear that!

I just traded in my G6 at nearly 50,000 miles without hardly any issues at all. (Well I had 1 sensor go bad on me in 20,000 miles.)

Hopefully things work out better for you now!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts