Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site, and hoped to find some help with a couple. Of issues. I have a 2007 G6 V6 with roughly 81k. So far i have had to have the front right caliper replaced.

Now my low beams dont work, at all. The bulbs are fine, the fuses are fine, and the relay has been replaced. They still dont work, although the other lights are fine.

Another issue I have is the a/c starts blowing hot when the car is still whether it be in park, or waiting at the light. Fluids seem fine.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for responding about the switch. I actually found a post with the same thing going on. plan on ordering the part soon.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Reads fine. I dont get it.
The ECM enables the A/C clutch based on several input signals one of which is engine coolant temperature. I'm guessing your A/C clutch is being disabled at idle. You should take it to an A/C shop & have them put the gauges on it for a proper diagnosis. Quite likely you're low on refrigerant. A/C is too complex of a system for most of us & you have to have specific tools & knowledge to repair it.

When A/C is commanded ON, both cooling fans should be running (at least on low speed). Verify they are. But since you say the engine coolant temp is normal at idle I doubt it's a fan issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts