Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys! My name is Fred, I just purchased a 09 G6 GXP! I made a huge upgrade by purchasing this GXP, I owned a 03 GAGT(haha). I love Pontiacs, I modded my GAGT from ported intakes to exhaust and everything in between. The fastest 1/4 mile i had in the GAGT was a 14.98. I'm excited to own this GXP and to see what times I can post up:).....

i went from this

to this

·
Registered
638 Posts
should be able to run 14.7-14.8 pretty easy stock.......with GOOD tires and good tune with no tq managment on the tranny u might be able to run 13.9....

i ran 13.59 last year spun a rod bearing out a new engine in and cant hardly get past 14.00 this year :( also don get the vector tune it SUCKS im waiting to get dyno tuned by wams as last year i had someone take all the tq management off with hp tuners and i was running 13.5-13.6's, had tq management put back on after i broke the engine had asked vector to remove it this year said they did but im convinced they didnt also now have a new intake manifold and new style maf with the stock MAF unpluged it ran faster than without the manifold but after vector tuned it on the dyno for the new maf to work so i could plug it in im running slower than before they retuned it :( they have it WAY to damn rich up to 3500rpm which is killing all my low end..... :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet..yea I'm going to ask a buddy of mine to run against my gxp stock. It came with new goodyear tires so hope that helps with the take off. My freind has a 05 mustang gt with a few intake mods and exhaust. How do u think ill do? And what about using manual shifting? I've been reading that it might be better just staying on automatic.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Sweet..yea I'm going to ask a buddy of mine to run against my gxp stock. It came with new goodyear tires so hope that helps with the take off. My freind has a 05 mustang gt with a few intake mods and exhaust. How do u think ill do? And what about using manual shifting? I've been reading that it might be better just staying on automatic.
you should beat him pretty easy so long as he doesnt have forced induction or something major like that

and if they are the goodyear eagle LS2s they are the worst tire ive ever seen... well i havent really seen any great goodyear tire period for that matter....

im using 245/45/18 dunlop direza Z1 star specs and they are by far the best tires $$ can by short of drag radials

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha ha they are eagle ls2's.... that blows, last thing i want to do is run a 1/4 on shitty tires.
I took my car to South Padre Island,TX this weekend and heard my tires squeeking on every small burn out or stop; these tires have zero grip on take offs.
I'll check on those tires sexyg6.
I havnt messed with any powertrain mods but im looking at an intake and exaust to be the first.
Any suggestions on good mods or experiences on bad mods?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome! I love my 6 and the gxp's are freaking sweet so im sure youll love it even more!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks shibby, I had been wanting a G6 for some time now.
I saw the GXP when I took a drive down the local dealerships and had the paper work filed that same day. The sales rep thought it was funny how i fell for this car before i even test drove it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yeah same kinda thing happened to me when i was shopping around for mine. I was initially looking around at altimas and then i saw the 6 sitting on the lot and instantly loved how it looked a 100 times better. Mine isnt the gxp which i would love, but i got it for a steal so i cant complain

·
Registered
460 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I have a GXP as well, with a crabs intake, a exhaust system, and a dyno tune I ran a 13.90 at 99.98 mph in the 1/4. Look into a decent set of tires as the stock goodyears are only good for a inexpensive commuter tire.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome

Welcome man, Im just rocking the o6 v6 g6. I love it though! Good luck with your run against the 05' I think you should get him!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Turtle headlight restoration kit for the old car. $10 and a little elbow grease will increase curb appeal dramatically. I don't know about other used car buyers but beautiful headlights is a huge selling point for me. Best of luck with the new 6.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea they gave me $3000 trade-in for my GAGT so i took it quick. Not that GA's are crappy cars theyre just a mechanics pain in the ass. I had to fix the GAGT lk every 2 months.
i loved my GAGT especially with all the mods, not to be a jerk on here but i spanked a handful of G6's.
I raced a GXP and got owned, thats when i knew i had to get me one.lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts