Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Looks like a great site here, full of knowledge and info. I came across the site while googling for info on replacing my speakers, as one of them is partially blown out. If anyone has info on that I would be much appreciated. But I'll probably create a post for it.

Anyway, I'm driving a black 2006 gt coupe with 93K mi. Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome. It is the monsoon system and it's the driver door speaker. I've been doing a lot of poking around on the site and see where a lot of people refer to crutchfield's site, so I went there. I see I will need 6 1/2" or 6 3/4". Would it be worth it to buy from crutchfield to get their car-specific install instructions (I've never done work with car audio or taking the door panel off)?

Any thoughts or comments on what to do? I don't need really premium speakers and I intend to keep the stock rear speakers. I just want something that will be an easy and compatible install that will pair well with the stock rears and the tweeters.

The stock monsoon system sounds decent to me (I'm no audiophile). I definitely am not impressed with these speakers though as I had one the right front go out under warranty and now this one is having issues.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, definitely enjoying reading up on this site and seeing some of these issues common to these cars. I'm dealing with the chirping noise in my right front wheel, along with the intermittent starting issues. Wish I had known about this site years ago seeing that I've had the G6 for 4 1/2 years now.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Welcome to the club!

·
07 Black GT Vert ♥
445 Posts
Welcome, you'll find some great tips and good reading on everything Pontiac G6.
Jump in and take a ride, you're going to love the G6 Owners Club!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts