Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new here (duh). I currently drive a 2005 Pontiac Pursuit SE (Pontiac re-badge of the Cobalt LT for those in the US, it's a Canada only car) that's just too small for me. So after talking to one of the saleswomen at McKay Pontiac, I was able to get out my lease on the Pursuit and get into a financed factory order on a new G6 4-Cylender! My Pursuit was a factory order as well so I'm guessing it will be 12 weeks at the earliest. The dealer sais it MIGHT arrive before Christmas but the factory shuts down for 2 weeks for the holidays.

My Specs:

2006 G6 4-Cyl Sedan, Stealth Gray, Ebony Interior
Driver's/Sport Package (Rear Spoiler, 16" twin 5-spoke alloy wheels, remote vehicle start, leather wrapped steering wheel/shifter/park brake handle with steering wheel mounted audio controls), ABS and Enhanced Traction System, RDS/SCV/Auto Tone CD-Player, and power adjustable pedals.

Equipment-wise, it is a bit of a downgrade because my Pursuit is a full load with leather/heated seats and MP3 player but the size, comfort, ride and handling are just so much better that it balanaces out. That's not to say that the Pursuit doesn't ride or handle well though, it really does! :)

I was a little apprehensive about going the 4-cylender route with the G6 but I was pleasantly surprised that it was nowhere near as underpowered as I expected. I test drove a similar car to mine, but lacking ABS and the power pedals and it was great. I've also driven a 2005 G6 V6 previously, and a 2006 GT as well. It's going to be a long wait... I'm already impatient! :)

So initial observation, the 4-cyl is not that bad! Will report more when I eventually get the car :)!

I hope all my fellow Canadian's had a great Thanksgiving weekend.

-Andrew
Built4Drivers

·
Registered
72 Posts
I believe this is the first G6 4-cylinder on the forum. Can't wait to hear about it from first hand experience.

·
Registered
423 Posts
built4drivers said:
Hi All,

I'm new here (duh). I currently drive a 2005 Pontiac Pursuit SE (Pontiac re-badge of the Cobalt LT for those in the US, it's a Canada only car) that's just too small for me. So after talking to one of the saleswomen at McKay Pontiac, I was able to get out my lease on the Pursuit and get into a financed factory order on a new G6 4-Cylender! My Pursuit was a factory order as well so I'm guessing it will be 12 weeks at the earliest. The dealer sais it MIGHT arrive before Christmas but the factory shuts down for 2 weeks for the holidays.

My Specs:

2006 G6 4-Cyl Sedan, Stealth Gray, Ebony Interior
Driver's/Sport Package (Rear Spoiler, 16" twin 5-spoke alloy wheels, remote vehicle start, leather wrapped steering wheel/shifter/park brake handle with steering wheel mounted audio controls), ABS and Enhanced Traction System, RDS/SCV/Auto Tone CD-Player, and power adjustable pedals.

Equipment-wise, it is a bit of a downgrade because my Pursuit is a full load with leather/heated seats and MP3 player but the size, comfort, ride and handling are just so much better that it balanaces out. That's not to say that the Pursuit doesn't ride or handle well though, it really does! :)

I was a little apprehensive about going the 4-cylender route with the G6 but I was pleasantly surprised that it was nowhere near as underpowered as I expected. I test drove a similar car to mine, but lacking ABS and the power pedals and it was great. I've also driven a 2005 G6 V6 previously, and a 2006 GT as well. It's going to be a long wait... I'm already impatient! :)

So initial observation, the 4-cyl is not that bad! Will report more when I eventually get the car :)!

I hope all my fellow Canadian's had a great Thanksgiving weekend.

-Andrew
Built4Drivers
welcome to the jungle!!!! or should i say forum? anyway, i can see why you're anxious to get your "G". i've got stealth gray...excellent choice! when it comes in, hope you enjoy your new set of wheels.

kevin

p.s. you guys had Thanksgiving ALREADY??? when's Christmas, NOVEMBER? ok, that's it..... i'm moving to CANADA!!! oh, and in case i missed it; "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!"

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all! I'll be sure to take pics of it when it comes in. I'm going to Vegas for a week on Thursday and I'm hoping to get one as a rental, so we'll see what happens!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I actually live about 2 minutes from where they build the G6. I work at a robotics company that is about 20 seconds away from the GM G6 plant. They build them right in Lake Orion, Michigan. Our town motto is "Where living is a vacation". I'll say though if this is a vacation somebody please shoot me.

Anways, welcome to the forum. Can't wait to see how the 4 banger does for you.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I test drove a 4-cyl when shopping, and I agree, it is surprisingly more powerful then one would expect a 4 to be in that car! Kudos to GM for not skimping on power...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Helpful dealer and go-getter salesperson! Basically, the way it works is that they will do a buyout on the car which on the Pursuit is $22,700 now. The used car manager will pay $21,700 for it for the used lot, and then I'm putting $4000 down on the G6. From there it all gets financed accordingly though GMAC as a purchase financing on a G6 purchase. So the trick is to swing it by way of a buyout, provided you have a dealer that's willing to do it. It also helps if you're trading in at a dealership other than where you bought it, and only have bad things to say about the dealer who sold you that car! :-D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ahh I see.. I didn't quite have 4K to put down (thats almost half of the buyout number GMAC gave me).. I guess I just need to find a willing dealership. Thats not going to be easy around here. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts