Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these questions have probably been asked about a thousand times but I'm gonna do it anyway. Got myself a 2008 G6 GT Coupe about 5 months ago and really like the style of it. From the leather seats to the MONSOON, its a pretty sweet ride. Got one problem though, my WIFE's Mazda 6S eats it up in pretty much every performance category I can think of. It's better off the line, handling and definitely in top end. Stupid thing shuts off around 110. The Mazda has a 3.0 v6 versus my 3.5 VVT. I'm kinda old school and used to believe in the saying " No replacement for displacement. " Guess now it's no replacement for the damn computer. Now to the point, who makes a good cold air intake, chip, and exhaust for this vehicle which is obviously being choked by the computer? Not looking to get too extreme, I've got a big block Trans Am for that. This is my daily driver and just looking for a little more kick. Would really like some information on the suspension also. The stock feel is somewhat soft. Maybe even a body kit since I'll have to change the rear valance to make room for dual exhaust anyway.

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I suggest you get an intake, tune and exhaust. Mine is a daily driver and I have that.
You dont need a full body kit to put dual outs on the exhaust. You just need the GTP dual out back valance that attaches to the lower bumper. Part number is 22712778.

There are only 3 places that write tunes for our cars. One of them is on this forum.
His name is Chris and his username is GTPrix if you want to PM him. He owns WAM
(white automotive and something or another).

I think ive just about altered everything BUT the suspension and thats cause I like it.
I did add a strut tower brace though.

I think I answered your other questions in your other post.

I like Crab Intakes... lol
I like Classic Performance's GT-R exhaust. Its a bolt on application and the muffler is altered where he tunes the baffles to our cars. Sam owns that business...if your serious about it PM me and Ill tell you how to save $100 off the price- no catches.

There are rules here and those businesses are not sponsors here. I can tell you about them though because I have them so its like a product review. ;)

· Registered
555 Posts
I know these questions have probably been asked about a thousand times but I'm gonna do it anyway. Got myself a 2008 G6 GT Coupe about 5 months ago and really like the style of it. From the leather seats to the MONSOON, its a pretty sweet ride. Got one problem though, my WIFE's Mazda 6S eats it up in pretty much every performance category I can think of. It's better off the line, handling and definitely in top end. Stupid thing shuts off around 110. The Mazda has a 3.0 v6 versus my 3.5 VVT. I'm kinda old school and used to believe in the saying " No replacement for displacement. " Guess now it's no replacement for the damn computer. Now to the point, who makes a good cold air intake, chip, and exhaust for this vehicle which is obviously being choked by the computer? Not looking to get too extreme, I've got a big block Trans Am for that. This is my daily driver and just looking for a little more kick. Would really like some information on the suspension also. The stock feel is somewhat soft. Maybe even a body kit since I'll have to change the rear valance to make room for dual exhaust anyway.
get a chip that you can customize and change parameters on. and add a supercharger like i did. i have both the chip and supercharger.

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
are u sure that's the right part number? i put "22712778" on the search at gmpartsdirect.com and got this
"License Plate Bracket/Plate "
is that right for the dual out?
Thats it. Under description it says fascia? Call ur Pontiac parts house and verify if your worried. ;)

get a chip that you can customize and change parameters on. and add a supercharger like i did. i have both the chip and supercharger.
On a G6?? :eek: first I ever heard of one of either. Lets see em! :rolleyes:

· Registered
555 Posts
On a G6?? :eek: first I ever heard of one of either. Lets see em! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

my mechanic owed me some dough so he found me a s/c for the motor and he called up his buddy in california who ownes a business that sells custom computer thingys and got him to build a software program to modify the ecu in my G6. It does have limits but in terms of basic parameters i can modify anything i want with a touchscreen lcd display and save up to 3 settings like gas saver, race mode, ect. the dude only works with GM autos unless you know him he might do a honda or something. these computers run about $3,000 to $4,000 because they have to test it program the software yada yada. it only costs $500 for parts then the rest is brain power. i got really lucky on this deal. the supercharger and computer is currently under installation and such. next week i get my car back!!!! and i'll post some pics of the stuff.:D

· Registered
555 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.