Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 6's previous owner did not really take care of it much if at all. It has some scratches, scuffs, and dents, sadly... :(

I have read many posts in this section as I am totally new to car cleaning and detailing. I have seen many conflicting ideas and I would like to sort out some of my confusion. A step by step solution to some or all of my problems would be great!

Side note: I live in Calgary, Canada and local bylaws prohibit use of soaps while cleaning. This could pose a challenge while doing an initial cleaning. I was thinking I could clean the car at a wand car wash, using a microfiber/Absorber (One of my confusions) to dry the car before driving it home to confront the imperfections.

Front Bumper:

I doubt there is much I can do about this due to the fact that it is made from plastic. Luckily, it
is low enough that nobody really notices it except for me.

Driver's Door Handle:

I do not believe the previous owner knew how to get into a car without scratching it... Her nail
marks like to collect dirt and look horrible! This is my number one issue right now. I would be
happy if this was the only thing I fixed.

Above Drivers Door Handle:

Lovely little dent above the handle that I must look at every time I enter the car. This most likely
needs professional body work (Little expensive on my budget...) but I have also seen people talk
about the "dent doctor"? :confused: If anybody has used this on small dents, I would be thankful if you
could share your experience.

Miscellaneous scratches:

Finally a scratch dent combo:

The dent is in the top right hand corner of the picture

Other than these scratches, there are a handful of scuffs in random places around the car. I do however believe these can be removed with a claybar. I am also on a tight budget so I would like to keep the cost low.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! It would be awesome to get my car looking looking more like when it was born at the factory. As I mentioned earlier, a step by step solution would be more than awesome and I would thank you greatly!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I've used Zymol Cleaner Wax with great results, One of those things that requires multiple coats to fix my scratches and swirls haha.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ive found that using a good compound and polish on a microfiber towel usually takes out the light scratches behind the handle rather easily. As for the dents or scratches, never used anything to get dents out, and just used chip repair paints from the dealership. Doesnt totally remove the scratches but definitely makes it difficult to see because the chip repair mainly "disguises" the scratches to make them look like they are gone. Works wonders and nobody has noticed any scratches on my car!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts