Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Newbie in Georgia

707 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  rebel65 
#1 ·
Recently purchased a G6 ... 4 door base, 2.4 engine, gold mist, 162,000 mi. The car is exceptionally clean inside and out. Not too concerned about the mileage as I'm retired so I usually put on under 5,000 a year. Lots of little issues. In the past 2 months I have replaced, driver's door lock master switch, turn signal light switch module, driver's side rear door lock, passenger side rear window regulator, light bulbs in the climate control module. Dumped the fancy radio and installed a aftermarket single DIN unit. ( I no longer have the DIC ..."oh the humanities" ) Both door speakers and the 6x9 rear speakers. All the above work was done without breaking anything, everything went back together no left over screws. Really have had no problem working on this car. Yesterday I pulled the cam cover and replaced the gaskets. I'm amazed at the condition of this hi-mileage engine. The valve train area is very clean. Looking forward to interaction with you guys.

I'm assuming this will be posted in the introduction area. Kind of hard to tell.

#2 ·
Dan, no worries and we're glad you're on board. Things are pretty free form here and the system was just upgraded so we're all getting used to it again (at least I am). For what you described as an "exceptionally clean" example, you've certainly kept busy working on the details. There are some very knowledgeable people here that are glad to help. Though the G6's are all getting on in years now, the platform is still viable for daily use and they've proven themselves to be as durable as they are endearing.

Good luck and take care. - Mark (Retired too.)

#3 ·
Dan, no worries and we're glad you're on board. Things are pretty free form here and the system was just upgraded so we're all getting used to it again (at least I am). For what you described as an "exceptionally clean" example, you've certainly kept busy working on the details. There are some very knowledgeable people here that are glad to help. Though the G6's are all getting on in years now, the platform is still viable for daily use and they've proven themselves to be as durable as they are endearing.

Good luck and take care. - Mark (Retired too.)
Ummm. I didn't ask for a quote. Anyway.....I left a few items out above. Also replaced rear rotors and pads. Cosmetics...added 3 1/2" fog lights and door side moldings. (no , not the edge protectors) I'm really liking this Pontiac, can you tell ? I was actually looking for a Chevy Malibu until I discovered they had the stupid foot operated parking brake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.