Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,

I'm very new to this forum and I have many questions. My girlfriend has a 05' Pontiac G6 with the IDK what liter V6. She got the car for her birthday with no manual and has a lot of miles on it, but the out side is suprisingly clean. The car runs great, but hasnt had too much care from the previous owners and needs a good tune up. I just want to start with a new airfilter, sparkplugs/wires. What do you guys recomend, brand wise and type of plugs for this car? Also the PONTIAC chrome lettering is falling off the trunk of this thing, do you know where I can find this lettering? I've tried all local shops and dealers and I can't find anything!!

Thank for the help
-CAS

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Welcome to the site;
you can try searching the forum for tune up info and just post up in the "items wanted" section to see if anyone can help. You can even look to see if anyone has those emblems for sale.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Just debadge it. It looks better. Or if you must then your Pontiac Dealership parts counter or eBay has them.

And WELCOME!!!

·
IT'S BAD ASS IN BLACK!!!!
135 Posts
Welcome! Spending time with the 2 things a man loves.....his girl and his ride.....:D
If it's in good shape now, you spend a few hrs cleaning/waxing that G6 up and it will look like new, trust me. Elbow grease goes a long, long way.......and it's free...:glasses::glasses::glasses:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for all the welcomes. I live around Pittsburgh, so once it starts to warm up Ill get it all cleaned up and ill post some pics!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
HI,

I'm very new to this forum and I have many questions. My girlfriend has a 05' Pontiac G6 with the IDK what liter V6. She got the car for her birthday with no manual and has a lot of miles on it, but the out side is suprisingly clean. The car runs great, but hasnt had too much care from the previous owners and needs a good tune up. I just want to start with a new airfilter, sparkplugs/wires. What do you guys recomend, brand wise and type of plugs for this car? Also the PONTIAC chrome lettering is falling off the trunk of this thing, do you know where I can find this lettering? I've tried all local shops and dealers and I can't find anything!!

Thank for the help
-CAS
I concur. Ebay is a good spot for getting lettering, but otherwise it'd be best to remove it. It'll look better, and costs nothing. I'd go with Autolite or NGK plugs. I've always used copper core and changed them out every 30K or so. I don't like leaving plugs in too long - had one too many seize after half a decade of +40 to -40 weather changes over five years. A high flow drop in air filter will be your best bet, nothing too fancy. I'd stick with a dry type, K&N is overrated, and as it's oil coated, you have to clean it, buy the kit, etc. A drop in Amsoil, Fram or Hog filter will be the best bang for the buck.

When you get it washed next time, get a wax done too. This will help hide any blemishes and keep surface rust down to a minimum over the next several years.

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hay guys new to hear have a g6 gt coupe just got it tuned at a shop and holy sh*t dose it make a diff any one else done this...way cheaper than wams was only 280 out the door...it is so much faster!!!!!!!!! gt-r was next but dont think it is worth the money

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
gt-r was next but dont think it is worth the money
A dyno tune should be the last thing you do, performed only after making all your other mods (exhaust, intake, whatever). Otherwise you won't be taking maximum advantage of those upgrades. Of course, you can always get it tuned again... for another $280...

Welcome CasP6 and John860 as well.

~ MattInSoCal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts