Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time since I posted photos on here. Now that ive got some things done maintenance wise. I have taken her out twice this winter now. Just got it out yesterday for an alignment and took some pics along with a few days before that. First pics with fender stripes were pretty recent... but I removed them the other day.

Also newest addition... 18" BBS SR wheels. :)

Here is one I snapped yesterday without the stripes.

I know she is sitting a little high in some pics. The suspension was unloaded, car in air, struts removed, no wheels attached for about 3 months. So gotta give it time to resettle

·
Registered
465 Posts
I often missed my Alero. Although my G6 is a lot better mechanically the Alero was much more comfortable to drive and has a smoother ride. It was a clear winner in long distance trips.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent had any issues really with mine mechanically. But some do some dont. Its really hit or miss. But its been a fantastic car that's why im sticking with it.

But for people who look at this and doesnt know. My alero DOES have the F40 6 speed in it from the g6. Which is why I joined the site. Lol

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
Is that an SCT spoiler? And Pontiac dual posts too? Might as well install a ram-air hood while you're at it.:D

Nice rims and good trans choice, much better w/o those stripes too!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Is that an SCT spoiler? And Pontiac dual posts too? Might as well install a ram-air hood while you're at it.:D

Nice rims and good trans choice, much better w/o those stripes too!
Hey thanks.

That is infact an sct spoiler from a grand am. Dual post mirrors are also from a grand am.

And yeah. Very happy with the F40 6 Speed swap. The 3400 aleros never came with a manual option from factory. So having a 6 speed mated up to the 3400 is a real joy to drive compared to the old auto. I love driving it alot more with the 6speed. Tons of fun :)

The wheels are great. I couldnt have found a better choice.

The calipers are also not blue anymore. They are now painted in citrus peel pearl. (2013 dodge dart paint) I looked at a bunch of cars while driving at there paint. Saw the dart in an odd citrus color and really liked it. So I went to automotivetouchup.com and ordered a 12 oz spray can of the darts paint code for the citrus peel pearl snd changed the color. :) the paint is really neat. Different lighting changes it to a weird yellow/green color. Its hard to explain but looks sharp in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some updated pics

Dont mind the overspray on the rotor....

Here is a in garage pic of caliper after paint (no sun)

And here is in direct sunlight after paint, dont mind the B with the black spot. I was attemtping to paint the lettering black but I had to big of a brush so I stopped until I got a smaller one. But in the sun the paint looks killer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts