Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought mine a little over a year ago. Great reliable car, love her. Have a qurstion thou.. the upper grille, a pve the license plate. My recently fell off and got ran over, a y idea where to get a cheap one to replace it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the junk yards are scavaged, no front bumpers, and when i do see one with a bumper its a completely different styled bumper, and its $80 on ebay

·
08 convertible
297 Posts
Here is a guy selling both grilles, brand new NOS for $50 or make offer. I think that's pretty darn cheap.

And here is a single used grille for $12:

There are tons of them. Not sure why you're having a hard time finding them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the 06-09 grille, i have a 2010, they redesigned the grill that year

·
08 convertible
297 Posts
Well, you didn't say what year. You need to give complete info if you want a good answer.
Yes, the 2010 is harder to find used and more expensive.
Go to car-part.com and do a search around your zip code. You'll find a few under $50 in good shape.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just so you know, published numbers that I've seen vary but there were only a few hundred 2010's built so dxG6 is right about their rarity. I haven't seen one in a local yard yet. GM did build a mid-year G6 in 2009 with the 2010 front and rear facia's which is commonly known as the "2009.5". These are rare too and I've not seen any published numbers of how many of these were built. So, whenever I see a 2009 entered into one of my frequented local yards inventory, I have to check it out to see if it might be a 2009.5. Good luck on your search. - Mark

·
08 convertible
297 Posts
Mark, I saw those production numbers on Wiki but they are for CALENDAR year 2010. Not model year. They are rare but not overly so. There are 4 of them for sale on my local Craigslist right now. So production was definitely NOT a few hundred. I also see a fair number of the 2009.5 cars.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You're right about my error on the 2010 models production run versus calendar year sales. Sorry. My bad. There are other numbers published that I found on the internet, but many appear to be pretty much anecdotal,

Please forgive the hijack, but everyone seems to be interested in production numbers and some time ago I worked with another forum member (Convertme) to gather the number of convertibles built for each year. He supplied me with convertible VIN numbers for the various years (I used my own car for '07) and I ran them through a VIN decoder which offered up the number of other like models with the same RPO's as the subject VIN. For example, my car is a Cobalt Red '07 with the 3.9L engine. Running the VIN through the decoder returned the facts that there were 23,997 GT convertibles built in '07. Of that number, 4,885 were Cobalt Red and 13,267 had the 3.9 engine. Lots of fascinating info can be gathered from decoding the VIN's and if I could afford to run a VIN from a car of each model, body style and color for each year, THAT would be some useful stuff. If there are questions about what I did, I'll create a new thread so I don't contaminate this one further. Please accept my apology. - Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts