Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today me and my buddy, who drives a TT Mach 1 mustang gt :(, were cleaning and detailing our cars, and he says hey your car would look sick with blacked out tail lights. Well instantly I went to youtube, found a home tinting video and made my way to autozone. Well long story short i was working on my third and final coat on my lights, and lets just say i got carried away. The end result was a very noticeable run on one of the lights, and quite a few bubbles.

Now my buddy was saying that tomorrow we can wetsand it down alot and then maybe apply another coat after thoroughly sanding and then clear coat it and it may look good..

So my question is am i completely sol and need to buy the black altezza tails that ive always wanted or do i have a chance at saving them?

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,352 Posts
You have a chance.....unless your looking for an excuse to go get new ones...in which case - YOUR SCREWED!! lololol

Naaahh...that stuff wetsands right off. You will prolly have to clear and polish though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did exactly that my first time trying the DIY tint. I sanded them down almost to the stock red, polished, and reapplied slowly. Then I wet sanded & cleaned before clear coating. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thank you both! I am going to work on them today.

If all else fails ill be seeing some new altezzas in the mail! However if it goes good i may get some sypder halo headlights :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Do NOT get spyder! The are aweful.. get eagle eyes

JT

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh okay thanks for the warning lol. I will be working on the tails tonight so i'll post back when i have finished.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am ordering the altezza black tails probably today. Good deal on ebay and I have been wanting them for a while. Eventually I will upgrade headlights to eagle eyes but for now I will keep doctoring on the spyders, lol.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let me know how well you like the tails jlleez.

But on another note i managed to make my taillights acceptable (at best). They honestly dont look TOO bad. You can tell they were done by a couple 20 year olds in a garage though. Well, to the untrained eye they look pretty cool. I ended up sanding them down with some 400 grit sand paper till there was almost no tint left. There is only minor run that i couldnt manage to get out..or i was just too worn out. I will just live with these for awhile until i talk myself into buying the altezza black ones.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I will post pics when I get them.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I couldnt get a very good picture. I was taking them with my girlfriends camera..funny i got it for her as a gift..haha shes dropped it to many times >.>

The spot on my bumper in the first picture is from the camera..lol

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I cant see thru them, but when i press the brake or turn my lights on i can see them. Cant see reverse lights though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts