Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What a nice little modification! Makes a black car look even meaner! I tinted the taillights, not so dark that it looks black, but just a little darker than stock. I have to redo it though because I need to wetsand it to make it smooth and then spray again to get a glossy look.

I also repainted the headlights because they were a bit dull and not reflective at all. While I had them open I decided to niteshade the amber reflectors too. They look completely black and unnoticeable during the day, but when the lights are on they let out a dark orange/red color.

Oh, and a few other little mods are the black Pontiac emblem overlays on the front/rear, and the debadged trunk, with the exception of the arrowhead.

Mike

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes it is waterproof once it cures, which takes about 6-8 hours. To remove it, you can either sand it off and buff the taillights so they look clean again, or I'm pretty sure you can use paint stripper. But I read somewhere that in about 3 months it is non-removable and baked into the taillight...not sure if that's true or not though.

Mike

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just ordered the NightShades stuff online because it looks so good. Mine's Granite, so it should look pretty sweet, too. I will be my vewwy fiwst mod ever. So naturally I'll be seeking guidance from the gurus in a few days...
Next, I'm lowering the thing. It sits waaay to high. Then who knows...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Why not just bake the headlights and rattle can the inside, i just think it would fade after awhile?

·
Registered
7 Posts
so am i confused? did you bake the headlight apart and paint the chrome peices inside or "niteshade" the outside?!:confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts