Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Ive been looking into nitrous and have been trying to decided between wet and dry shot. Im only gonna run a 50 shot. I don't plan on using it real often, just when i want more pull on the highway. Do you guys have any input or advice on this? Ive read that nitrous on stock engines can be real bad if you run too big of a shot or use it too often. I would run a small shot and I wouldnt use it real often. I should be fine right?

Thanks for any help,
Mike

·
Registered
190 Posts
A dry shot is easier to install, but the wet shot is a tad safer. I know there's not much tuning options with these G6's, but I'd personally never run nitrous without a tune for it first.

Also too, any shot will shorten the length of a motor. Not like it will blow up tomorrow or anything, but it won't last as long as a stock motor.

Just out of my own curiosity, why would you be racing a G6? Not like you could out run something worth running like a C6 or a 5th gen? I'm sorry if that sounds rude as I don't mean it that way. I came from a highly modded GTO and it was tough competition already, so I don't see a G6 ever having a chance.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not looking to make it a sleeper or anything like that. Im just looking for some more power on the highway when I want it.

·
iz Jared
201 Posts
Nitrous is not the way to do that... Nitrous is a BAD idea in most cases, especially in something like that.

A safer bet would be to tune it. Maybe do some work under the hood (Intake, exhaust, cam, injectors, fuel pump.) It would be more expensive, for sure, however it would be more reliable also.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking about that. But every time I've asked about pistons rings rods cams ect I never get an answer on where to get them for a g6. Do u know anywhere that would have engine internals for a g6?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dont be afriad of nitrous. as long as you do your homework and deside for yourself what you want there shouldnt be to many issues. i would check into upgrading your internals first IMO, but i dont see any reason why you shouldnt be able to run a 50 shot. this weekend im getting a nitrous grind on all four of these cams and look into springs and retainers then its 100 wet shot for me. Balls to the wall. only paid 12k for this craper anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts