Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 g6 GXP with the 3.6 and six speed auto. I was wondering if anyone has tried out nitrous on one and what their results are like? can the motors and trans handle it and if so how much??
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've just recently been doing as much research as possible into this 3.6 motor cause I'm getting one aha, seems like these motors can take a lot! The same 3.6 as many know are used in the Holden, g8, Saab, Cadillac and other RWD performance cars. The dif being the intake manifold, and transverse mount in the g6. Ausi Guys have these cars pushing up to 450hp (I think more in some applications) with bolt on SC kits etc... All on stock internals. Sooo, your G6 with a 50-100 shot of nitrous should be fine. Ik a guy who threw nitrous on his 07 3.5l g6 and he did it successfully, and that's paird to the crap 4 speed auto (prob wasn't the smartest idea tho). In the end, it's up to you, but I'm considering it personally myself, that with a few other things. Whoever does it/ does it first, shall definitely post how it goes ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts