Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
There's a value in everthing at some point. You'll just need a buyer. Who would of thought that GI Joe & Barbie would bring so much money??

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
I got a ton of GiJoes.....not the 3" either. The 12"ers! lol

I even have the astronaut and capsul on a shelf.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I guarantee that some day in the future you will hear yourself saying "I wish I kept that car." Haven't met a person yet who didn't feel that way about one of their previous vehicles. You could be that guy who brings his lawn chair week after week to sit in the only patch of grass in a large parking lot to reminisce about the good ol' days. All the while talking to other dedicated Pontiac owners during a Sunday cruise night listening to good classic music from the 2000s... wait what good music??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I wish I had all those cars I used to have back in the day. Firebirds (69 convertable), F/B Trans Ams (had 7 of them), Bonnevilles (67 2+2 w/389 option), Gran Prix (70 400 LJ, 81 301 pont small block) .

I could be retired now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guarantee that some day in the future you will hear yourself saying "I wish I kept that car." Haven't met a person yet who didn't feel that way about one of their previous vehicles. You could be that guy who brings his lawn chair week after week to sit in the only patch of grass in a large parking lot to reminisce about the good ol' days. All the while talking to other dedicated Pontiac owners during a Sunday cruise night listening to good classic music from the 2000s... wait what good music??:rolleyes:

You're right for a V6 it's very solid and can strike some fear in some of these V8 boys. I'm keeping it!:cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish I had all those cars I used to have back in the day. Firebirds (69 convertable), F/B Trans Ams (had 7 of them), Bonnevilles (67 2+2 w/389 option), Gran Prix (70 400 LJ, 81 301 pont small block) .

I could be retired now.
Actually I was thinking about picking up another VIBE. I really like the 03-04 models. That would be my 3rd and It's ideal for my little 10 month old to ride in the back versus the G6 Coupe, which isn't a problem... yet.:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
You're right for a V6 it's very solid and can strike some fear in some of these V8 boys. I'm keeping it!:cool:
I was surfing the internet and I saw this funny comment. There is no way you could ever keep up with a 5.7 liter unless your running a turbo, or supercharger with the PSI turned up, you wont strike fear into anything. Even the northstar could beat these engines. V6 doesnt make enouph torque to compete with a v8.

Lets say somehow you did have enouph torque, the structure and integrity of the vehicle would not be able to support the massive amount of twisting. You would have to run larger tires, larger suspension components, etc. To much money to put into for a v6

Stay in school fool!

If you want to test this out I will drag you and blow you out the water... Detriot area....

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
If you want to test this out I will drag you and blow you out the water... Detriot area....
Whether you are right or not, those are bold words for someone who has a post count of 2.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Whether you are right or not, those are bold words for someone who has a post count of 2.
It dont matter, I just didnt know people actually thought those things. lol I dont know any v6, except 300zx(twin turbo) that can overpower a v8. Thats some bold things to say about a v6, that he doesnt even know the real quarter mile for. It doesn't matter from 0-60, if the car doesn't pull after 60 then what use is it to brag....

Also, there are people like him that will actually think that then try to race a v8 and then smash thier car, etc. He needs to be more relistic. If you have the logic you can beat a v8 you willing to do more questionable things. I digress, hopefully if he ever goes to a drag strip he does not tell someone with an LS based motor or hemi base motor, my v6 can beat you. He will be lauphed out of town and there are some dick heads that will just black ball you.

Might as well get this person prepared so he doesnt make bad mistakes, I know what his car can do, and it cannot comepete with lt1,ls1,5.7 hemi, 6.1 hemi.

Now I know for a fact he can beat ricers.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The G6 as we all know are not dragsters and never will be. I don't know why you are trying revive an old thread to argue that. I'll tell you that my G6 can blow the doors off my V8. Then again its from 1971 and in a old farm truck, bit different then a muscle car. It comes down to this, the guy likes his 6 and wants to keep it. So do I.

Going back to the original point of this thread, will the G8 GXP be a collectors item in the future. My bet is yes. It is last true Pontiac to ever roll off the line (I don't count the vibe). Pontiac has always been a brand where power and muscle was a big factor, so I think the limited amount of them and the circumstances of Pontiac's demise will make these cars valuable to the right buyer in the future. However we can't forget that these cars are just Holdens and if anyone takes a trip down under while buying a few Pontiac badges of eBay you could have a 2011 G8 too.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Hey guys, we all have different opinions here on G6Ownersclub and we are ALL free to express them without fear of someone else being an ass about it.
This forum is to talk/debate/share not insult.

I don't take kindly to anyone being a know it all.

Be respectful and you shall be respected!

Be disrespectful and there will be consequences!!

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Here here!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was surfing the internet and I saw this funny comment. There is no way you could ever keep up with a 5.7 liter unless your running a turbo, or supercharger with the PSI turned up, you wont strike fear into anything. Even the northstar could beat these engines. V6 doesnt make enouph torque to compete with a v8.

Lets say somehow you did have enouph torque, the structure and integrity of the vehicle would not be able to support the massive amount of twisting. You would have to run larger tires, larger suspension components, etc. To much money to put into for a v6

Stay in school fool!

So 'weight' has nothing to do with everything you just said right which is really not a lot considering your too chicken isht to state where you're from...

·
newcomer
46 Posts
ls1!!

1. I live in Canada
2. With the price of my G6 GXP ($45000 w tax), I could ve bought any other v8 i wanted.
3. I still bought this car instead. because it has the speed, all the goodies, the good look, and doesn't look like whatever your V8 shit is.
4. Usually people here who talks trash about their V8 are people who knows nothing about cars.
5. I have a domestic but we have to admit that our v8 cars can be smoked easily by Japanese v6 cars.
6. American V6 cars are bad...but not this 3.6 v6 vvt Australian holden engine baby..!!
7. There are so much more to talk about other than horsepower and torque.
8. There's weight, tranny, traction, aerodynamic, etc. seemed that your v8 doesnt have any of those.
9. I have, YES I HAVE, beaten a hemi charger.

·
newcomer
46 Posts

Stay in school fool!

There are so many cars with both V6 and V8 engine in its line up with same freaking "structure" (so how you said it).

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Please guys...keep it cool or the thread will be closed..

·
newcomer
46 Posts
sorry guys..didn't mean to be a douche.. let's keep it positive.. :D

·
;)
386 Posts
gotta say its interesting to read, but if facts back up your story then lets keep it clean. who's to say that a v6 cant compete with v8. you dump a couple grand into the right aspects of a g6 & I bet you can lose a v8 in a straightup race. growing up around classic muscle has stuck with me but there are too many mods out there now to single ne 1 out. given that self fabrication would have to come into play knowing theres not alot of manufactured mods out there for the g6. whether its the 3.5,3.6,3.9 you can spend a couple grand & still be far under the price of v8's now & days. Its all in what your taste is. power to weight ratio is huge. I remember when the jaguar xj220 dominated in the 90's & still is able to outrun a base pagani zonda & the jaguar is only a v6tt.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.