Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran over something tonite stick or 2x4 heard it hit under the car and my check engine light came on, fuel gage immediatly droped to none and the low fuel dash message came on. What happened I had half tank, that couldn't disappear instantly. Drove it home 3 miles. Raining can't tell if any gas is dripping. Whatever I ran over must have hit something? Any ideas appreciated.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Probably knocked the fuel level sensor loose. Wait until the morning to assess any damage. If you don't notice any gas leaking and you can get your car to run for more than 10 minutes in idle, go to Advanced Auto or somewhere similar to get the CEL code. That will give us more details.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Most likely CEL code(s): P0451, P0452, P0453, P0454, P0461, P0462, P0463, or P0464. Tell me if I'm right. :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, gotta work tomorrow, 5 mile ride. If I can do that I'm off Monday and can go to Advanced auto. What should I tell them?

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Ask them to scan your car for codes. It's free. Bring something to write them down on.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Don't know until we get more details. It could be a simple loose connection or maybe the entire fuel pressure assembly was damaged.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did a code pull. Got PO463 Fuel level sensor A circuit high. Hoping it's just a bad connection. Bringing it in tomorrow.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They found a broken yellow wire in the undamaged harness!! Resoldered and all is well. $88 labor. Thanks for the help and feedback!!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
$88 dollars for a resoldered wire? Damn, thats expensive. Did you go to the dealership? I could've done it for free.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
It's a little disconcerting that the wiring harness is so exposed under the car. You'd assume it would be protected by a shield of some sort.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts