Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 GTP and last night I could not get any heat whatsoever.

I also had a problem with the air coming out of the wrong vents. Even though I had the vent dial set to floor, the air was only coming out of the face vents.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be? An electrical problem? I had the dash apart a few weeks ago to work on the radio and I had the harnesses to the HVAC control disconnected.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto climate control.

I haven't had a chance to open up the dash yet. Is it possible that one of the two harnesses going to the HVAC control came loose? Would that explain this?

I did have to jump start the car recently and I'm wondering if that could have go do with this. Maybe a blown fuse?

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
A few weeks ago you had the dash apart: did the heat work in between then and this problem? The blend door actuator may have come unplugged and not switching so the air will go out the correct vents. I haven't been in the dash of my GTP, so I do not know what the harness looks like, but it could be unplugged but I would think more then the blend door would be affected.I would start by checking where you were working and start from there. Could be a blown fuse too, so check those also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts