Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Code P0128 - Coolant Thermostat (Coolant Temp Below Thermostat Temp) check enigne came on, no heat just warm air replaced theromstat,worked fine for about a week, now it just came back on same code no heat cleared code still no heat any clues?:mad: could the thermostat be bad again? dont make any sence because replacing it gave me my heat back

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the thermostat was replaced i did it, and coolant is full. it had heat for about a week after replacing it and now its gon again and temp is low and light is on no heat again

·
Administrator
4,169 Posts
Found this

A code P0128 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Low engine coolant level
Leaking or stuck open thermostat
Faulty cooling fan (running too much)
Faulty coolant temperature (ECT) sensor
Faulty intake air temperature (IAT) sensor

found it here

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
I guess the odds of installing a bad thermostat are slim but not impossible.

What about your engine temp? With the codes asside, does your engine temp gauge move from cold, warm then hot? or does it ride where its expected to? I ask because if your water pump is out then the coolant will be cooler than the engine temp and the blower will blow only cool air.

·
IT'S BAD ASS IN BLACK!!!!
135 Posts
When I got my 09 GXP new, I drove it down the street on my way home, turned the heat on and no heat. I drove it back, they took the air cleaner off and did something. Gave it back to me and told me I was all set. I don't know what they did, I was too excited just getting the car...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.