Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
[IMG]http://i728.photobuc
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the pontiac brand may be geting retired but we g6 owners are lucky we have brought the last mid size car pontiac put out the g6. so as im very dissapointed to the demise of the pontiac im very proud to know that i brought one of the last beautiful sharp cars pontiac ever built.:(:)

·
Registered
292 Posts
The official Goodbye to pontiac!

the pontiac brand may be geting retired but we g6 owners are lucky we have brought the last mid size car pontiac put out the g6. so as im very dissapointed to the demise of the pontiac im very proud to know that i brought one of the last beautiful sharp cars pontiac ever built.:(:)
Agreed!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I pretty much hate GM now! I was looking forward to getting a solstice gxp coupe or maybe a new Trans Am, but that isn't going to happen now!

·
Registered
54 Posts
sign of the times I guess,when I was growing up,(40's to 70's) in Canada,My Old Man taught me that Pontiac was always the next step up from a plain old lunch box Chevy.
And he was right.
The Pontiac engines were better than the Chevy engines,even the tire hold down wing nut was chromed,Chev wasn't.
The body styles were better than Chev,tthere was a Canadian body Style and an American body style and you could see the difference between the cars.
The Poncho was just a cut above a Chevy in Canada.(Remember the Pontiac straight eight with the teardrop backend? Beautiful car!)
I remember when the offshore stuff started coming in (Jap Crap,No Offense,but that's what it was called)
People started buying their cars because they were different and I think that's when the North American builders started to lose the pride they had when they were building the big three.
That's just my take on it and I think that it's a shame that money came before pride in workmanship in my humble opinion.
I'll shut up now!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Im kinda bummed out right now. my past 2 cars plus my current G6 GT have been Pontiac.
before the G6 I had a 99 Grand Prix GT and before that a 92 Grand Am. I had a blast driving them.
I don't have any Idea what I will buy next.

·
Lead Foot
67 Posts
i totally agree with you. i wonder if the brand could ever be resurrected. its such a shame that GM is in such a pinch - they finally start building cars that can compete with the European and Japanese brands again and then they ax pontiac, saturn and possibly GMC. all of that said, im proud to own one of the last great sedans of ponitac.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i totally agree with you. i wonder if the brand could ever be resurrected. its such a shame that GM is in such a pinch - they finally start building cars that can compete with the European and Japanese brands again and then they ax pontiac, saturn and possibly GMC. all of that said, im proud to own one of the last great sedans of ponitac.

Exactly! The Japanese have been making all the good sedans for years until the G6 came out. GM got billions and will receive more billions but wouldn't give anyone a stake in the company. It seems like pride is what really killed GM, however unlike most i'm not happy at all to have any model of any brand if it's discontinued. :mad:

I really thought this was a great mid sized flagship car for Pontiac. If they had any brains left and if it's legal, they would sell the G6 car design and rights to Ford as they haven't had a popular mid sized car since the Taurus in the early 90's before they re made it into ugliest car on earth. :eek:

I doubt many here could say with a straight face they would have bought their G6 if they knew it would be discontinued shortly after. Anyone really in love with the G6 can buy them up for years below retail value in the near future. :cool:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Im kinda bummed out right now. my past 2 cars plus my current G6 GT have been Pontiac.
before the G6 I had a 99 Grand Prix GT and before that a 92 Grand Am. I had a blast driving them.
I don't have any Idea what I will buy next.

No kidding. Every new car I've driven has been a Pontiac

2003 Vibe
2003.5 Vibe
2007 Grand Prix
2008 G6 GXP

1 - 18 of 18 Posts